Hays’ Hose

Frobby

Austin Hays threw three strikes to 2B from LF today.   First one beat Nick Markakis, but Hanser Alberto dropped the ball while applying the tag.   Second one almost nabbed Ronald Acuña, who made a good slide and almost got tagged when his hand slipped off the bag.   Third time was the charm - the throw arrived same time as Freddie Freeman who lost contact with the bag and got tagged.    If anything, the third throw was the least accurate of the three, but still resulted in the runner getting tagged out.    Hays came that close to getting three OF assists in one night.    His arm is very impressive - both strong and accurate.   

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Austin Hays threw three strikes to 2B from LF today.   First one beat Nick Markakis, but Hanser Alberto dropped the ball while applying the tag.   Second one almost nabbed Ronald Acuña, who made a good slide and almost got tagged when his hand slipped off the bag.   Third time was the charm - the throw arrived same time as Freddie Freeman who lost contact with the bag and got tagged.    If anything, the third throw was the least accurate of the three, but still resulted in the runner getting tagged out.    Hays came that close to getting three OF assists in one night.    His arm is very impressive - both strong and accurate.   

Watching the game, I was thinking they're testing Mountcastle's (rookie/ not natural position) arm. Except Mountcastle was at 1B. 2/3 should have been easy assists.

9 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Between the title for this thread and @Can_of_corn talking about dongs in another post, I’m starting to think I’m not paying enough for this site...

The real good content is on their @Patreon site.  I'm so old now that I thought "hose" meant his stirrups and had to think a while to realize what the reference was here.  ?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...