Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

I referenced Henry's Oriole themed car. That was my driving motivation to post, to make that reference. It also let me call back Henry's time with the team in 2013, since Henry had 1 XBH hit out of 16 and Nick has 1 XBH out of 15. It seemed like a fun comparison.

Like I said I don't know of anyone on this board that is hoping Markakis struggles.

And I didn't think you were suggesting you wanted to see him struggle. I just thought you were suggesting that Urrutia could do as well as Markakis considering his .028 ISO. Chalk it up to me being slow on the uptake.

o

(TIGERS, vs. YANKEES, 4/20)

Alfredo Simon pitched 7.33 innings of 1-run ball with 0 walks and 7 strikeouts.

Simon is now 3-0 with a 1.74 ERA, and an 0.871 WHIP.

For his part, C.C. Sabathia pitched a complete game (8 innings.)

He shut out the Tigers for the first 6 innings.

But he allowed them to steal the game late with 2 runs in the 7th inning.

Just tuned in today and he played a ball poorly in the first inning costing at least 1, maybe 2 runs.

Not to laugh (moral bucket list hanging over my head) - but Frobby said Nick had never misplayed a ball costing three runs (as Snider did the first week). So he's still not as "bad as Snider". :D :slytf:

But no error so it doesn't count.
Not to laugh (moral bucket list hanging over my head) - but Frobby said Nick had never misplayed a ball costing three runs (as Snider did the first week). So he's still not as "bad as Snider". :D :slytf:

It's literally the only play in the field I have watched Nick make (or try to make ) this year. Logically, that makes Nick much worse than Snider.

Just tuned in today and he played a ball poorly in the first inning costing at least 1, maybe 2 runs.

Can you describe what happened?

In any event, 2 for 4 with a double today, on an 8 game hitting streak and hitting .373/.466/.412. Currently 7th in MLB in OBP and 11th in BA.

Can you describe what happened?

In any event, 2 for 4 with a double today, on an 8 game hitting streak and hitting .373/.466/.412. Currently 7th in MLB in OBP and 11th in BA.

First inning. Bases loaded. Batter (Murphy?) hits a line drive to Nick's left. Probably could not have been caught in the air. Should have easily been caught on the bounce. Misjudged it and took a bad route (exactly what the Mets announcer said). Not enough speed to close the ball so it gets by him and clears the bases.

Yeah, I saw he had another double. I was going to watch more but ended up watching the Yankees game. I switched to the Braves because I saw bases loaded in the first.

• Upvote 1

Regardless of Nick being somewhere else, it would be awesome to see him return to form. Wonder if a .320/.380/.450 ish line for the year is possible? Glad he is doing well so far. Also regardless, I am still quite glad (even if his year does end up with numbers near that line) that we did not sign him for 4/44.

I smiled at this quote I found last night from a few days ago:

"He's a stud," Braves third baseman Chris Johnson said of Markakis. "It's fun to watch, man. It’s really fun to watch. Being a guy that played in the American League, I haven’t seen much of him in my career. But you hear about him, and you see what he does. But then to see it firsthand and it see it every single day, it’s real fun to watch. It’s actually a lot of fun to learn from, too."

http://atlantabraves.blog.ajc.com/2015/04/21/markakis-freeman-solid-in-middle-about-that-trip-from-toronto/

432 BABIP. Currently 9th in MLB.

Let me preface what I am about to say by saying that I haven't seen a single at bat Nick has had since Opening Day.

That said, I don't find BABIP very meaningful in small samples. In a small sample, sometimes a high BABIP is a matter of luck, and sometimes it's a function of hitting the ball extremely hard and on the nose. I don't know which it is (or both) for Nick right now. I do know that he's only struck out twice in his last 34 PA, while drawing 7 walks, so it appears he is seeing the ball quite well right now.