Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Seems like we shouldn’t be signing guys until they are 18.  I thought maybe high school ended at 16 in Dominican Republic but seems to end at 18. What is going to happen to most of the guys who never make it off the island?

Cashner has now pitched half the number of innings with Boston that he did for the O's (48 vs. 96.33), allowed only ten fewer runs, and his ERA is two runs higher (5.81 w/ Boston v. 3.83 w/ the Os). W/L is 2-5 vs. 9-3. He absolutely stunk it up as the back-end starter the RSox hoped there were getting and is now pitching purely in relief.

12 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Cashner has now pitched half the number of innings with Boston than he did for the O's (48 vs. 96.33), allowed only ten fewer runs, and his ERA is two runs higher (5.81 w/ Boston v. 3.83 w/ the Os). W/L is 2-5 vs. 9-3. He absolutely stunk it up as the back-end starter the RSox hoped there were getting and is now pitching purely in relief.

The plan from the start was to transition him to the bullpen.

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Cashner has now pitched half the number of innings with Boston than he did for the O's (48 vs. 96.33), allowed only ten fewer runs, and his ERA is two runs higher (5.81 w/ Boston v. 3.83 w/ the Os). W/L is 2-5 vs. 9-3. He absolutely stunk it up as the back-end starter the RSox hoped there were getting and is now pitching purely in relief.

In his last18 innings which was over 13 appearances he haas given up 4 runs,  That is every game since he became a reliever.  He would be the ace of our bullpen.

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The plan from the start was to transition him to the bullpen.

But probably only if they reached the postseason, right? In any case, I'm sure the plan didn't include him yielding 27 earned runs in the 30.33 innings of his six starts. Some people in Boston say it was the last straw that brought down Dombrowski.

44 minutes ago, LA2 said:

But probably only if they reached the postseason, right? In any case, I'm sure the plan didn't include him yielding 27 earned runs in the 30.33 innings of his six starts. Some people in Boston say it was the last straw that brought down Dombrowski.

Tough crowd in Boston.  3 straight 1st place finishes and a World Series victory and you have a 3rd place team with a winning record and you are fired. 

And they had back to back losing seasons before he was hired. 

3 hours ago, atomic said:

In his last18 innings which was over 13 appearances he haas given up 4 runs,  That is every game since he became a reliever.  He would be the ace of our bullpen.

Are you suggesting that the O's should have kept Cashner and put him in the pen? At his salary?

25 minutes ago, atomic said:

Tough crowd in Boston.  3 straight 1st place finishes and a World Series victory and you have a 3rd place team with a winning record and you are fired. 

And they had back to back losing seasons before he was hired. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you consistently advocate for Duquette's and Showalter's firing throughout the 2012-16 period?