Baseball America ... 5. Orioles in their top 100. Plus the top 10 Orioles prospects

Roll Tide

I know they have different writers doing these pieces but they should coordinate a bit better they have:

1. Ryan Mountcastle as the Orioles best RoY candidate for 2021.
  2. Adley Rutschman as the Orioles top impact prospect for 2021.
  3. Gunnar Henderson as the projected top prospect for 2022.
  4. Heston Kjerstad ranked ahead of Mountcastle.

So AR is going to have more of an impact in 2021 than Mountcastle but be less likely to win RoY?

Kjerstad is a better prospect than Mountcastle but Henderson will be the better prospect in 2022?

How much of a bump did Kjerstad get based off of his draft status?  I wouldn't, off an abbreviated college season and no pro ball, rank him over Hall and Mountcastle.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the BA top 10 is solid. I would argue that Westburg is somewhere just behind Henderson, and bump Akin out to #11. Akin is still very spotty with his command, especially the secondaries. Henderson and Westburg have a legitimate shot to be a top 100  prospects this time next year, IMHO. 

17 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I know they have different writers doing these pieces but they should coordinate a bit better they have:

1. Ryan Mountcastle as the Orioles best RoY candidate for 2021.
  2. Adley Rutschman as the Orioles top impact prospect for 2021.
  3. Gunnar Henderson as the projected top prospect for 2022.
  4. Heston Kjerstad ranked ahead of Mountcastle.

So AR is going to have more of an impact in 2021 than Mountcastle but be less likely to win RoY?

Kjerstad is a better prospect than Mountcastle but Henderson will be the better prospect in 2022?

How much of a bump did Kjerstad get based off of his draft status?  I wouldn't, off an abbreviated college season and no pro ball, rank him over Hall and Mountcastle.

Figure Mountcastle is up all year so that makes him the strongest ROY candidate.  Rutschman comes up in the second half sometime and is more of an impact player but arrives too late for ROY consideration.    

Personally, I’m not sure we’ll see Rutschman in 2021.   But perhaps we will.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Figure Mountcastle is up all year so that makes him the strongest ROY candidate.   Mountcastle comes up in the second half sometime and is more of an impact player but arrives too late for ROY consideration.    

Personally, I’m not sure we’ll see Rutschman in 2021.   But perhaps we will.  

Who do you think is coming up in second half?? Diaz?

8 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

Who do you think is coming up in second half?? Diaz?

Meant to say Rutschman, so I’ve edited my post.   To be clear, I was just explaining how Mountcastle could be ROY while Rutschman could have more impact.   It’s not necessarily what I think will happen.