2021 Mets

Can_of_corn

13 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Kevin Pillar of the Mets just got hit in the face with a pitch from some scrub Brave reliever (with the bases loaded).  Very scary.  He eventually got up and walked off the field but I assume he is going to the hospital to be checked.  It took a few minutes to clean the blood off home plate before they resumed play (game on ESPN).

I was watching as it happened. Unbelievably gruesome scene. They did not do a replay but the one time. Hard to tell if it was his nose or his eye or eyebrow that was the wound. I was concerned no one was going to try to stop the bleeding. It was taking a long time for someone to come with a towel. He was bent over and it was streaming out. Maybe they didn't see it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

I was watching as it happened. Unbelievably gruesome scene. They did not do a replay but the one time. Hard to tell if it was his nose or his eye or eyebrow that was the wound. I was concerns no one was going to try to stop the bleeding. He was bent over and it was streaming out. Maybe they didn't see it. 

Yeah I just missed it live, saw one replay from behind.  I was watching something on the DVR and when it ended ESPN happened to be the channel the TV was on and I saw the aftermath.   I'm kind of glad I didn't see it live.

Replays are on YouTube. Looks like it hit him on the bridge of the nose but definitely got a nosebleed from it. He looked to be in alot more pain than Harper did from the fastball that hit his face. I dont recall this ever happening in a season let alone twice. 

Atop Pillar, Conforto now gone to perhaps the All-Star break - tonight their OF is Dom Smith, recently signed Cam Maybin and the delightfully named Johneshwy Fargas on their deGrom/Lindor team.

Lindor retention did block Ronny Mauricio, a SS prospect probably on track to be one of The 30 a couple years out.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Atop Pillar, Conforto now gone to perhaps the All-Star break - tonight their OF is Dom Smith, recently signed Cam Maybin and the delightfully named Johneshwy Fargas on their deGrom/Lindor team.

Lindor retention did block Ronny Mauricio, a SS prospect probably on track to be one of The 30 a couple years out.

Your guy Johneshwy slammed into a fence last night and had to leave the game.   Not sure of the severity of his injury.

On the bright side, deGrom is back tonight.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mets in free-fall. No other way to put it. Quite fittingly, it was a starting pitcher they were foolish to let go--Zach Wheeler--who sealed the sweep by the Phillies today with a CG SHO.

Mets used to be my NL team, but that was when I lived in Queens. I sort of dislike them now. So tired of their story of years of wasted talent (esp. the starting pitchers), countless injuries, screwed-up FO, and sad-sack, rather unintelligent woe-is-me fans. Even with the new owner throwing money around like crazy and a deep roster they can't get their act together. Rojas is a twerp of a manager and the owner is a wanna-be that doesn't know how to put a balanced team together. Hope the Phillies take the division. Have wanted Girardi to win ever since the Yankees dumped him, I like Harper, and I want Andy MacPhail to see his moves finally come to fruition. Also, I spend a lot of time in eastern PA these days and have grown sympathetic haha.

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

Mets in free-fall. No other way to put it. Quite fittingly, it was a starting pitcher they were foolish to let go--Zach Wheeler--who sealed the sweep by the Phillies today with a CG SHO.

Mets used to be my NL team, but that was when I lived in Queens. I sort of dislike them now. So tired of their story of years of wasted talent (esp. the starting pitchers), countless injuries, screwed-up FO, and sad-sack, rather unintelligent woe-is-me fans. Even with the new owner throwing money around like crazy and a deep roster they can't get their act together. Rojas is a twerp of a manager and the owner is a wanna-be that doesn't know how to put a balanced team together. Hope the Phillies take the division. Have wanted Girardi to win ever since the Yankees dumped him, I like Harper, and I want Andy MacPhail to see his moves finally come to fruition. Also, I spend a lot of time in eastern PA these days and have grown sympathetic haha.

Sounds a lot lite the O's, except I would hope O's fans are more intelligent and it would be nice to have an owner throwing around money.

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Sounds a lot lite the O's, except I would hope O's fans are more intelligent and it would be nice to have an owner throwing around money.

Not if it means throwing money at declining or injured vets like Hardy, Chris Davis, O'Day, Trumbo, and Tillman. It's not just the amount of money that matters. We're still getting out from under that fiasco, which is, in fact, similar to Mets blunders like signing up Cano to a huge contract. Letting all that pitching go is like the Mets misevaluating Wheeler and Matz.

• 3 weeks later...