Bauer to the Dodgers.

bpilktree

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Interesting that a smart team like the Dodgers would take a chance on a wildcard like Bauer.

I'll post the link of him getting shot in the junk if he's man enough to follow through on his promise.

What was his promise?  I follow him on Twitter but must have missed that. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

A friend gets to shoot him in the junk with a paintball gun if he signed a multi-year deal.

Technically it’s not a multi-year deal until he picks up his option next year.

The contract is 3/102 or whatever but will basically be 1/40 or 2/85.  Unless he totally falls apart/gets injured.

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Technically it’s not a multi-year deal until he picks up his option next year.

The contract is 3/102 or whatever but will basically be 1/40 or 2/85.  Unless he totally falls apart/gets injured.

If the Dodgers are obligated for three years I think it qualifies as a multi-year deal.

I feel like some of the $85M is to buy his intellectual capital.   

I don't know how the CBT will work - will the Dodgers enjoy only a $34 cap number the next two years, but then get some kind of penalty if he opts-out.   I figure the 1/17 for 2023 only prevails in the event of injury/ineffectiveness.

3 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

I feel like some of the $85M is to buy his intellectual capital.   

I don't know how the CBT will work - will the Dodgers enjoy only a $34 cap number the next two years, but then get some kind of penalty if he opts-out.   I figure the 1/17 for 2023 only prevails in the event of injury/ineffectiveness.

My guess is that the 1/17 is there to mitigate the salary cap hit.  Also a nice insurance policy if he doesn't perform.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If the Dodgers are obligated for three years I think it qualifies as a multi-year deal.

Seems hypocritical of you.   Weren’t you making a big deal last year over there being no distinction between a one year contract with a player option and a two-year contract with an opt-out? Or something like that?   I may be misremembering the details.    

In any event, seems like a great deal from Bauer’s point of view.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Seems hypocritical of you.   Weren’t you making a big deal last year over there being no distinction between a one year contract with a player option and a two-year contract with an opt-out? Or something like that?   I may be misremembering the details.    

In any event, seems like a great deal from Bauer’s point of view.   

I was talking about how the O's wouldn't do opt outs but would do player options, which are essentially opt outs.

Yes, it seems like a very nice deal for Bauer.

• Thanks 1

His peripherals have been good for 4 straight years and he has been worth at least 20M for 5 straight years, at least according to fWAR.

I think something in the 25-35M range is fine, so yes I think he’s overpaid but I don’t think it’s dramatic...plus, it’s not a real long term contract.