7th Game vs. Tigers

weams

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, you do realize I have no idea what that is all about right?

But, happy to help.

Just some cool Australian late night weekend video show. Like Night Flight here but way longer running.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I was just asking for clarification.  So it seems you're asking for changes that aren't able to be implemented in the off-season and can't be evaluated well into next season. That's fine so long as you're ready to be disappointed this off-season.
    • I don’t think the OH brother ship can be categorized as the “average fan”.    I think posters here are quite a bit beyond. I don’t think the average fan is regularly posting on a fan site 
    • Drungo's One Trophy label for the setup of US sports playoffs was new lingo to me recently, and Adley and Gunnar have a long way to go to get near the Active WAR leaders, who also in brilliant careers have zero dogpiles.     Many of them this week we get to see killing themselves for one taste.     Rundown of the top notables, with career rWAR as the top tier of 2024 Clubs begin play today. 86, Mike Trout - his life is his to do with as he chooses, but as a baseball fan I'm rooting for him to go another path before it is too late. 62, Paul Goldschmidt - way past peak.    The 2025 Orioles may be one of few teams with very high playoff odds to want him for a starting role if a Zero Ryan path is charted.    Much more so than any current Oriole, he's been what we hope Coby Mayo might become. 57, Manny Machado - a yardstick of the Dodgers' greatness.    Players like him or Trea Turner or Corey Seager, Andrew Friedman's judgment sometimes is "Nah, not good enough". 56, Nolan Arenado - guaranteed 3/74 on the rest of his contract, perhaps waiting for a buy-side trade.     Declared lame duck GM scenarios are unusual. 52, Jose Ramirez - a player who has devoted himself to one small-market team, and that Club's unquestioned leader, something the Orioles don't have yet.      Some of Adley's teammates and ex-teammates might be salty about recent choices. 52, Aaron Judge - an amazing early 30's peak - problems for the Orioles if he endures like Nelson Cruz or Barry Bonds.    Career health track record has some dings. 51, Bryce Harper - a Manny Machado bookend in my baseball fandom.    They've grown from brash kids to serious professionals - both played much of 2024 less than 100% same as Adley. 49, Francisco Lindor - so close along with Jose Ramirez against the Bryant/Rizzo/Hyde Cubs.     The back strain poetic considering the carrying he's been doing as David Stearns gets ready for his first full off-season running Steve Cohen's club. 49, Andrew McCutchen - nearly the Jose Ramirez of the Pirates.   Nice to see him winding down respectably there.    I'll have generally good wishes for him if he pushes to get to be Paul Skenes teammate for a full season. 44, Giancarlo Stanton - he is upright today, the main thing Brian Cashman cares about.    rWAR has his last 3 seasons worth less than 1 WAR. 43, Shohei Ohtani - one of the greatest players ever has made some choices none of these other greats have to try and tilt the odds in his favor.    His MLB postseason debut is tonight.    Kind of a fun fact rWAR this moment has him at half Trout. It is possible none of these guys escape this list if the Royals or Tigers come through.  
    • Rogers 🤮   if we have that rotation I’m betting our win total takes another 5-10 game step backwards 
    • Fundemental change for me isn’t wholesale firings. I think we’re short on pitchers in the system, I think we’re not developing pitchers as well we could. However, drafting more arms early in the draft isn’t going to win us a playoff game next year, so free agency is the short term answer. I loved the Earl Weaver era and the three run homer, yet, our youthful foundation could think about a couple more bunts and being more aggressive on the base paths (without looking at the numbers, it felt like the O’s took a step back from 2023 on the bases) may be something to look at going forward.
    • Maybe … but I think Rubinstein will be interested in Corbin returning. I don’t think they can get a better replacement for less in Free Agency and think finding another rental is unwise considering what they’ve already moved. 
    • If that’s humor, it needs work. If you’re actually asking for clarification: The next MLB draft is July 2025. I hope the O’s add more arms than they have previously via the amateur draft. RISP, for me, is more about small ball than a particular hitter. I don’t think that the all or nothing swings the O’s relied on against KC worked out very well. Free agency opens up soon enough, Elias could very well add a bat to help the offense in December.
  • Popular Contributors