Orioles getting excess vaccines

accinfo

4 hours ago, RZNJ said:

For sure.  I thought the idea for a a "young healthy person" getting the vaccine wasn't so much to protect themself but to protect everyone else.

You were misinformed (by the pharma funded media).

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, LTO's said:

I haven't seen obvious trolling this obvious since Atomic. 

How do you figure "trolling"? I expressed an honest reaction to Orioles news of a demonstrated risk to our players' health, for no demonstrated benefit. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

The Yankees and Mets are requiring either proof of vaccine or a negative test for entry. As far as I know, they are the only teams going that route.

I must say, I do not find the idea of wearing a mask in my seat in the dog days of summer, months after I have become fully vaccinated to be a tenable solution.

One way or another, I can't see the status quo of 5-25 percent capacity in MLB stadiums and mask wearing in seats lasting into the summer.

Let’s hope not because that’s just stupid, especially since it’s pretty easy to stay far enough apart.

3 hours ago, murph said:

I know we are not supposed to go down this road but this looks likes misinformation.    Quickly checking myself, these deaths are anyone who passed after getting the vaccine as a matter of record.  Not deaths because of the vaccine.   

CDC explanation:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

There's the double standard at work. 1. Death with false positive COVID test = "COVID death." 2. Death of healthy person after vax = "no proven causation."
Doesn't anyone else think it's tragic that a healthy Hank Aaron died shortly after receiving his shot (though I saw not one mention of this "coincidence" in the many pages devoted to Aaron in the MLB.com columns).

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

To try to turn this into a baseball thread..I wonder if they will end requiring proof of vaccination to attend a game as time goes on?

I can see them forcing this vaccine on the public in a manner like that.

I doubt they will do this, though as someone who is getting vaccinated and who is married to someone who is immunocompromised, it would make my life easier if they did.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, now said:

There's the double standard at work. 1. Death with false positive COVID test = "COVID death." 2. Death of healthy person after vax = "no proven causation."

As I said, all this will need to be studied to sharpen up the numbers.   But in my opinion you’re nibbling at the margins.   

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

As I said, all this will need to be studied to sharpen up the numbers.   But in my opinion you’re nibbling at the margins.   

Exactly. This is what we do here: compare numbers, and express opinions. I would just hope for thorough study of those numbers from the baseball brass... especially those with faith and expertise in analytics!

2 minutes ago, now said:

Exactly. This is what we do here: compare numbers, and express opinions. I would just hope for thorough study of those numbers from the baseball brass... especially those with faith and expertise in analytics!

You think a billion dollar sports franchise is going to inject their players with something that can seriously harm them? You honestly think that? Especially after all they went through last year, I'm confident the team doctors and front office have better grasp on the situation than you.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, LTO's said:

You think a billion dollar sports franchise is going to inject their players with something that can seriously harm them? You honestly think that? Especially after all they went through last year, I'm confident the team doctors and front office have better grasp on the situation than you.

That's a great question and I don't know the answer, so can only speculate: 1) They like many here are only thinking within the narrative frame of the mainstream media and government policy, which has been consistently pro-vax, and so dismiss any counter-narrative or evidence as "fringe." 2) The industry is positioned as a culture leader, to motivate the public further into acceptance by modeling compliance; the owners accept or are persuaded to accept this role.

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

The Yankees and Mets are requiring either proof of vaccine or a negative test for entry. As far as I know, they are the only teams going that route.

I must say, I do not find the idea of wearing a mask in my seat in the dog days of summer, months after I have become fully vaccinated, to be a tenable solution.

One way or another, I can't see the status quo of 5-25 percent capacity in MLB stadiums and mask wearing in seats lasting into the summer.

I don't blame them, I wish all teams would.  I don't want to wear a mask at a game, either.

Can't expect adults to act like adults anymore, which is unfortunate.  If you really want to go back to a game, get a shot.  It's a reward.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

To try to turn this into a baseball thread..I wonder if they will end requiring proof of vaccination to attend a game as time goes on?

I can see them forcing this vaccine on the public in a manner like that.

Proof? As in a medical document? How do I know your not borrowing the document from your grandfather? 

2 minutes ago, slakattack said:

Proof? As in a medical document? How do I know your not borrowing the document from your grandfather? 

I don’t know?  I don’t know what’s on the doc.

Of course, asking for ID as proof is apparently the worst thing you can do in this country, so not sure that would work either.

• Downvote 2

Players are being incentivized to get the vaccine.

Teams that reach the 85 percent vaccination threshold will no longer have to wear masks in the dugout or bullpen, or wear a tracking device. Players will be allowed to play video games and other group activities together in the clubhouse again, and they will be allowed to use saunas and steam rooms.

Additionally, vaccinated people will be allowed to dine indoors once 85 percent of the team is vaccinated, and everyone will be allowed to eat and drink on flights again. Family members will be allowed to stay with Tier 1 individuals on the road, and vaccinated people who are not family will be allowed to stay at the team hotel.

If I was a player, this would definitely incentivize me to nag my teammates into getting the damn shot.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

We are past the point of elderly people being unable to get vaccines.

Several states have opened vaccine eligibility to all adults age 16+.

As a group that travels extensively for their job and with a job that requires them to be in close quarters with other people, I have no problem with athletes getting vaccinated at this point, millionaires or not.

Maryland is lagging behind some of the states. I am a 1-C and AA finally got around to letting me that I was finally eligible to go online and schedule my shots.