Matt Harvey 2021

Il BuonO

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Did they say what metric they were using?  I see Statcast has his xERA at 5.73, 1.4 runs below actual but 1.1 runs over FIP.   I’d tend to believe the former is a better stat than the latter.   

I might have missed it, but I don't think KB mentioned it specifically. I could be wrong though. 

By the way, did anyone catch the awkward moment in Hyde’s postgame presser on Monday?   Paraphrasing:

Q: With this start, and all that Harvey has done for the club this year, do you think he has done enough to be part of the team’s plans for next year?

A: Uh….I think questions about contracts and stuff are, uh…really better for Mike Elias to answer.

Translation:  You’re kidding, right?

5 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Who asked that question? "All that he's done for the team this year?" Lol

It was Stan Charles.   Scroll forward to about 3:14: https://www.masnsports.com/videos/2021/07/brandon-hyde-thrilled-with-matt-harvey-start.html

My paraphrase wasn’t the best.   The question was more like “is Matt Harvey just a one year thing or have you seen enough from March until now that there’s something you like looking ahead?”