Ramon Urias gets his chance?

wildcard

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I don't think Rio or Urias is holding anyone back. Only question is whether we have anyone ready, especially with little or no baseball last year. (I am more excited to see our pitching prospects than anyone we have for infield). I also think the season could be a success from acquiring more talent regardless of who is given opportunities at the big league level. 

I agree I am much more interested in the pitching, but we also have to field a worthwhile infield and at the moment we’re not

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

So play Valaika as the everyday 2B.   Last year he hit well with a 791 OPS and his fielding pct at 2B in his career is among the best 2B.   

I really wouldn't care if they played Valaika every day as well. I guess i look at all three in the same way. None are part of a winning future and none are going to traded for a piece either. 

1 hour ago, EdwinRip said:

Hyde with tons of confidence in the young man.  Pinch hit for by the mighty Rio Ruiz.

Just ridiculous. The man hits a two-run homer and because Ruiz bats left-handed, he pinch hits for him when there is an automatic out on deck in Galvis. I'm losing more and more faith in Hyde's game management skills.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Just ridiculous. The man hits a two-run homer and because Ruiz bats left-handed, he pinch hits for him when there is an automatic out on deck in Galvis. I'm losing more and more faith in Hyde's game management skills.

He isn't here for his game management skill.

35 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Especially given that Ruiz's splits haven't been that meaningful, as was discussed earlier.

Hyde's decisions seem worse than in previous seasons, for some reason. Not as prepared?

6 hours ago, interloper said:

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to care about whether or not Galvis hits when guys like Mountcastle are leading the league in Ks, or Sisco has done absolutely nothing, or Ruiz, etc. Galvis is here to be a guy at SS who makes the routine plays. I want the guys who are SUPPOSED to hit to actually hit. Then maybe I'll worry about Freddy.

I cared a bit because Galvis has had seasons with good power (for a defensive SS). I was hoping he might find some of that pop again, although I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.