Will Lowther or Akin be called up to make Saturday's start?

wildcard

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Roster Resource has Tom Eshelman listed as today’s SP. Usually they’re pretty spot on. To add him we have to make a 40 man roster move. We can DFA someone or put someone on the 60 day IL. 

I don’t see who is really worth DFA’ing this early into the season. Could we do some rule 5 shenanigans with Scroeler and put him on the 60 day DL?  We could also suck it up and DFA Wells or Scroeler. 

It’s a shame that Akin or Lowther couldn’t make this start. If the move is Eshelman he likely will be DFA’d at the end of the game. 

My prediction is we put Scroeler on the 60 day DL. Typical rule 5 shenanigans. 

Will it appears that Eshelman  is not pitching today, but why would they even consider him?

They must’ve anticipated this scenario when the option Kremer, is he in the doghouse that deep? They can’t possibly have failed to think this far ahead?

49 minutes ago, Philip said:

Will it appears that Eshelman  is not pitching today, but why would they even consider him?

They must’ve anticipated this scenario when the option Kremer, is he in the doghouse that deep? They can’t possibly have failed to think this far ahead?

We have no indication they ever considered Eshelman.

21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We have no indication they ever considered Eshelman.

Sportsfan said he was,  according to roster resource, which is a good source. I’m glad he wasn’t. Not because he’s terrible( though he might be) but because there are several other guys I’d rather see.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Sportsfan said he was,  according to roster resource, which is a good source. I’m glad he wasn’t. Not because he’s terrible( though he might be) but because there are several other guys I’d rather see.

Hyde never once mentioned Eshelman.  There is no better source than the guy who will make the decision.  Maybe I'd they went 16 innings last night and had to use most of the pen they were holding Eshelman as some kind of contingency.  But I seriously doubt he was ever Plan A.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Hyde never once mentioned Eshelman.  There is no better source than the guy who will make the decision.  Maybe I'd they went 16 innings last night and had to use most of the pen they were holding Eshelman as some kind of contingency.  But I seriously doubt he was ever Plan A.

Fair enough, like I said I was going off someone else’s comment, and as I was reading, the announcement was still “TBA” so I had no reason to think that the comment, which had used a reasonable source, was incorrect.

5 hours ago, Philip said:

There is going to be lot of ups and downs I predict like this because of the lack of season last year.  You don’t want guys going 160+ inning this season especially teams not competing and with young guys that are part of team next few years.  I expect every starter to go on a 10 day do break this season on our team even if they are not hurt just to get rest and keep innings down.