Fans not wearing masks

Greenpastures23

18 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

"Fully-vaccinated fans will be able to attend Nats games without a face mask in both indoor and outdoor areas within the stadium. Those not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask at all times, unless they are eating or drinking within their ticketed seat."

This still has me wondering - who is going to say that they are unvaccinated at this point?

An honest person?

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:24 AM, orioles119 said:

"Fully-vaccinated fans will be able to attend Nats games without a face mask in both indoor and outdoor areas within the stadium. Those not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask at all times, unless they are eating or drinking within their ticketed seat."

This still has me wondering - who is going to say that they are unvaccinated at this point?

Obviously, they are on the honor system.   I’d venture a guess that a very high percentage of Nats fans attending games are vaccinated.   

• Like 1

FWIW, when I went to the Orioles game last Friday night, despite Baltimore City still having a mask mandate, there appeared to be zero enforcement of the rule in the seating bowl.   The vast majority of the people in their seats weren't wearing masks and the ushers were not enforcing it at all.   Some people put them on to go to concessions, restroom, etc., while others did not.

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

FWIW, when I went to the Orioles game last Friday night, despite Baltimore City still having a mask mandate, there appeared to be zero enforcement of the rule in the seating bowl.   The vast majority of the people in their seats weren't wearing masks and the ushers were not enforcing it at all.   Some people put them on to go to concessions, restroom, etc., while others did not.

I went to the game Sunday and the usher told me at the gate that at your seat you didn't have to wear the mask but if you got up and walked to the concession stand or wherever you would still need to wear one.  However I would say half the people were not and they weren't enforcing it.  

Baltimore City will lift its state of emergency and all related restrictions — including its indoor mask mandate — on July 1."

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2021/06/16/baltimore-to-end-state-of-emergency-mask-mandate.html

Assuming the Orioles will "remove" their mask mandate as well, but haven't seen anything stating that as of this morning. 

12 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

Baltimore City will lift its state of emergency and all related restrictions — including its indoor mask mandate — on July 1."

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2021/06/16/baltimore-to-end-state-of-emergency-mask-mandate.html

Assuming the Orioles will "remove" their mask mandate as well, but haven't seen anything stating that as of this morning. 

You would hope so.  People aren’t going to the game if they have to wear a mask in 95 degree heat.