Marcos Diplan in Futures Game plus one more Orioles prospect

eddie83

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Maybe they've changed policy. This is an organization that will only push information out to MASN first before sending it out to anyone else. This is an organization that won't push out minor league injury information like it's some state secrets. This organization does not care about it's fans right now, they just think they will come back when and if they win again.

Sending a non prospect out to this game is a slap in the face of the league and the fans. This isn't the Arizona Fall League where this happens a lot.

I dont know. Im more concerned about Grayson's arm staying healthy than seeing him try and max it out for an inning for a meaningless exhibition. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jabba72 said:

I dont know. Im more concerned about Grayson's arm staying healthy than seeing him try and max it out for an inning for a meaningless exhibition. 

Yes, I realize there are fans out there that won't care. It's fine. But most fans like to see the best players play in that game and if teams like the Orioles are going to start sending non prospects, it really destroys the integrity and fun of the game.

Let the kid enjoy the event and throw his inning. Might be a good way to control his innings this year anyways. He's done it before and it never hurt him, but trust me, the Orioles do not care about these things. 

If it don't fit on their matrix some computer program spit out then it can't be altered. 

• Upvote 1

Let’s remember that the O’s are being super-cautious with their pitchers’ innings and pitch counts this year.  Last game, Grayson was cruising at 61 pitches through 5 IP and they yanked him anyway.   In that context, it’s somewhat understandable that they don’t want him spending pitches on an exhibition game when he could be getting a little extra breather.  I would have loved to watch him pitch on national TV, but he’ll survive and so will I.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Let’s remember that the O’s are being super-cautious with their pitchers’ innings and pitch counts this year.  Last game, Grayson was cruising at 61 pitches through 5 IP and they yanked him anyway.   In that context, it’s somewhat understandable that they don’t want him spending pitches on an exhibition game when he could be getting a little extra breather.  I would have loved to watch him pitch on national TV, but he’ll survive and so will I.   

This might have been your last chance to see him on National TV.  What if he gets promoted to the majors next year? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This might have been your last chance to see him on National TV.  What if he gets promoted to the majors next year? 

Boo hoo.   I saw him in person last weekend, so that will have to do.   Maybe the O’s will get on national TV next year when the Yankees or Red Sox play them. 

32 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

So basically the reason he was chosen is BECAUSE the O's don't consider him a prospect.  That's messed up. 

Oh well.  I'll be sure to not watch the Future's Game.  

Diplan is a reliever who has pitched only 14 innings this year so it's not like they are just throwing him out there without a care in the world if he gets hurt. Grayrod has thrown over triple his amount of innings. You really think the Orioles are doing this to spite Diplan? This is awesome for him. Rodriguez and Hall for that matter have already been to the future's game anyway. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hall is literally on the IL right now. It's not shocking they are being cautious with another pitcher they are probably going to count on pitching at the ML level next year. Both of them have already been in the future's game anyway. IT never ceases to amaze me what people will complain about. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Diplan is a reliever who has pitched only 14 innings this year so it's not like they are just throwing him out there without a care in the world if he gets hurt. Grayrod has thrown over triple his amount of innings. You really think the Orioles are doing this to spite Diplan? This is awesome for him. Rodriguez and Hall for that matter have already been to the future's game anyway. 

I'm confused.  Nobody said it's got anything to do with spiting Diplan. 

The O's have several pitchers that would make more sense than Diplan - not just Hall and Grayson.  Diplan is going because he does not fit in di plans of the O's.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

I'm confused.  Nobody said it's got anything to do with spiting Diplan. 

The O's have several pitchers that would make more sense than Diplan - not just Hall and Grayson.  Diplan is going because he does not fit in di plans of the O's.  

You're implying that they don't care if he gets injured in this game because he's not part of their long term plans. But the risk level is not the same when he hasn't even thrown 15 innings this year. And really, I don't think they have many other pitching prospects that are high profile honestly.

One explanation I've heard is that they like to have different countries represented at this game and may be a reason why Diplan was asked over others. But in any event, it's awesome for this guy. Not sure why you would spin it as a bad thing. 

1 minute ago, LTO's said:

You're implying that they don't care if he gets injured in this game because he's not part of their long term plans. But the risk level is not the same when he hasn't even thrown 15 innings this year. And really, I don't think they have many other pitching prospects that are high profile honestly.

One explanation I've heard is that they like to have different countries represented at this game and may be a reason why Diplan was asked over others. But in any event, it's awesome for this guy. Not sure why you would spin it as a bad thing. 

No, I actually said what I meant and did not imply anything more than that.

But... he's obviously not in their plans as anything more than a long-shot prospect - at best.  We knew that before he was chosen to the game.  Show me one scouting report on him that says he's a legit prospect.  Just look at any list of their top 30 prospects, and you'll find several pitchers there that are more worthy than him, and he isn't on any top 30 list.  

And I'M NOT SPINNING ANYTHING!  I'm giving my opinions.  Show some respect if you want to receive any.