Any Update on DL Hall?

WarehouseChatter

58 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Just heard Inside Access on 105.7 mention that Matt Blood said something yesterday they interpreted as DL wouldn’t pitch again this year.

LaCanfora and especially Weinman are blowhards, but they do get good guests on their show. 

Just listened to that interview again.   Its from July 9th, before the draft happened.   Blood said Hall was pitching in Florida and would be back pitching in games later this season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

This is a huge disappointment and hopefully doesn't turn into a larger issue that requires surgery.  

This pushes Hall's ETA to Spring 2023 at best. 

If he comes back healthy there's no reason that should be the case. But with Elias it probably is. Gives him a great excuse to start him at Bowie again next year. 

12 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

If he comes back healthy there's no reason that should be the case. But with Elias it probably is. Gives him a great excuse to start him at Bowie again next year. 

I’d think that’s the reasonable thing to do.   No “excuse” needed.   At this point we have bigger worries than what level Hall starts at next year.   Like, is the the next Dylan Bundy/Hunter Harvey who dazzles you with his stuff but can’t stay healthy? Will this “stress reaction” blossom into something worse?

Would it be too much to ask to have one highly touted pitching prospect in 30 years actually get through the minors unscathed and pitch up to expectations in an Oriole uniform?

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d think that’s the reasonable thing to do.   No “excuse” needed.   At this point we have bigger worries than what level Hall starts at next year.   Like, is the the next Dylan Bundy/Hunter Harvey who dazzles you with his stuff but can’t stay healthy? Will this “stress reaction” blossom into something worse?

Would it be too much to ask to have one highly touted pitching prospect in 30 years actually get through the minors unscathed and pitch up to expectations in an Oriole uniform?

At least you can take solace in knowing Elias is keeping the flow of high ceiling pitching coming in via the draft.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

At least you can take solace in knowing Elias is keeping the flow of high ceiling pitching coming in via the draft.

I guess he might argue that this is exactly why he doesn’t use high picks on pitchers.  They’re so damned fragile!   Of course, there’s the Kjerstad situation but that’s nothing that happened as a result of playing the outfield.   

Honestly, this news is so damned depressing.   I’m ready to call Grayson Rodriguez to the majors right now just so I can see him pitch once when he’s at 100% of his physical powers before the inevitable arm injury that befalls every single pitcher we draft in the first round.   (OK, not Gausman.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I guess he might argue that this is exactly why he doesn’t use high picks on pitchers.  They’re so damned fragile!   Of course, there’s the Kjerstad situation but that’s nothing that happened as a result of playing the outfield.   

Honestly, this news is so damned depressing.   I’m ready to call Grayson Rodriguez to the majors right now just so I can see him pitch once when he’s at 100% of his physical powers before the inevitable arm injury that befalls every single pitcher we draft in the first round.   (OK, not Gausman.)

I only recall Matusz having pretty minor stuff like oblique pulls.  Am I forgetting something?