Mancini back over .800 OPS

Frobby

I’ll be surprised if Trey is nontendered.    Because he’s a homegrown product who’s done a lot in the community, battled cancer, been a clubhouse leader etc., I just don’t think the O’s wouid do it. I realize Elias is pretty cold and calculating but I think here the calculation would be that the team gets value beyond his stats and that the PR hit wouid be significant.   

Now trading him is something Elias might do.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ll be surprised if Trey is nontendered.    Because he’s a homegrown product who’s done a lot in the community, battled cancer, been a clubhouse leader etc., I just don’t think the O’s wouid do it. I realize Elias is pretty cold and calculating but I think here the calculation would be that the team gets value beyond his stats and that the PR hit wouid be significant.   

Now trading him is something Elias might do.  

What’s the projected arb salary? I appreciate everything you’ve said here, but I don’t think there’s much of a trade market for Mancini.

52 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

What’s the projected arb salary? I appreciate everything you’ve said here, but I don’t think there’s much of a trade market for Mancini.

That's why I think Mancini is an Orioles on opening day in 2022. Trading Mancini ,who does have value as a 1B/DH to the Orioles, for a couple scrub prospects is just stupid. I don't want a redux of the 2000 and 2018 fire sale trades. 

I think the best chance to move Mancini now is in-season 2022 to a team that as a need at 1B/DH with Mancini getting off to a hot start. 

21 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's why I think Mancini is an Orioles on opening day in 2022. Trading Mancini ,who does have value as a 1B/DH to the Orioles, for a couple scrub prospects is just stupid. I don't want a redux of the 2000 and 2018 fire sale trades. 

I think the best chance to move Mancini now is in-season 2022 to a team that as a need at 1B/DH with Mancini getting off to a hot start. 

Or the O's pay Mancini ~7M (at a guess) only to have there be no market at the deadline because he didn't get off to a hot start.

If Mancini doesn't have enough value to be an attractive trade piece one has to wonder if he's worth his arbitration costs to the O's.  He's a RH 1B/DH when they have a younger, cheaper RH 1B/DH who is having a better season with the bat.