Orioles trade discussion thread

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I guess I’d prefer moves that they actually might do. I could see them dealing Mancini, Means, or Mullins. I think it’s more likely that they’d deal all 3 then make a deal like you are suggesting.

Until I see the willingness to actually spend I don’t think it’s worth discussing.

Ok..then don’t discuss it.  

9 hours ago, connja said:

We have less to trade this year than any prior year in recently memory.  I'd be shocked if we could impact our top 20 prospect list

Mancini could bring back something decent. I would be curious to hear thoughts on possible destinations and return. That seems like the only realistic trade that could improve the system. 

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Mancini could bring back something decent. I would be curious to hear thoughts on possible destinations and return. That seems like the only realistic trade that could improve the system. 

Milwaukee is still the best destination.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is just re-iterating what Connolly wrote.  They could at least credit him, as this is basically word for word what he said.

It doesn’t make sense that they aren’t motivated to trade Sulser yet they seem to want to move at least one of the lefties.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

This is just re-iterating what Connolly wrote.  They could at least credit him, as this is basically word for word what he said.

It doesn’t make sense that they aren’t motivated to trade Sulser yet they seem to want to move at least one of the lefties.

Eh, just popped up in my tweetDeck feed so I shared it. Agreed though, if they are just regurgitating what others are reporting they should credit the person.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

If you are going to look to trade Trey in the offseason, it’s moronic to not do it now unless the offers suck.

I completely agree. I know Trey is a good story this season, but now would be the perfect time to trade him. I don’t see how Trey at his age fits into this rebuild.

4 minutes ago, osravensfan78 said:

I completely agree. I know Trey is a good story this season, but now would be the perfect time to trade him. I don’t see how Trey at his age fits into this rebuild.

And guess what, you are doing him a favor sending him to a real team.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, osravensfan78 said:

It is a tough decision because the fans, teammates, coaches and pretty much everyone loves Mancini. But the honest truth is he doesn't fit into this rebuild especially since his replacement (Mountcastle) is here. 

The return is the key. You don't give Mancini away nor do your dump him in an obvious salary dump this offesason. The other thing is I would love to see him have a chance to win a World Series while he still good, and his skill set is one that generally begins to fall off in the early 30s. Let's face it, Elias knows this and he's not exactly known for making heart string moves. My guess is if a team offers up at least one top ten prospect and a couple of other 10-20 types, Mancini will be moved.

• Upvote 3

I dont see why Elias would trade Tate yet.  Cheap, good but not great, probably has more value with improvements, controlled till 2026 I think. I think he should look to trade Sulser as well, but shouldn't give him away as he has a lot of control left too; his age is a factor, but he could improve his value next season as well.

I think he should push hard to sell Mancini, Scott and Fry now.  If you can get anything for Galvis, do that too.

7 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I dont see why Elias would trade Tate yet.  Cheap, good but not great, probably has more value with improvements, controlled till 2026 I think. I think he should look to trade Sulser as well, but shouldn't give him away as he has a lot of control left too; his age is a factor, but he could improve his value next season as well.

I think he should push hard to sell Mancini, Scott and Fry now.  If you can get anything for Galvis, do that too.

Cheap, good, not great.  Doesn't the description of Tate fit Scott as well?

19 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

The thing is, how much better will Tate get?  I have big questions about him.

I think Scott has a much larger upside, relatively speaking.

Im not giving Tate away by any means but if some team offers us a top 10 prospect and another guy (an offer I would be surprised to get), I’m trading him.

I wouldn’t make that deal for Scott unless the prospects are really good.