(Edit: Orioles get 1st pick after walkoff homer by Diamondbacks)

Greenpastures23

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea, it'd be a real shame if Trey got to join a playoff team.  I'd feel bad for him.

I feel bad for him now.   I was rooting for him to have a team this year if we aren't going to be trying in 2022 (looking that way).   There are still more dignified off ramps at the tender deadline, and then maybe the trade market if 30 DH's.    July gave us a snapshot of his value in 15 DH world.

Between now and 2022 tenders, I imagine I'll have moments of feeling the non-tender is the kindness to do from here.   It probably wouldn't impact his 2022 earnings much either way ala Schwarber '21, and the kindness would be valuing his opportunity above whatever (probably not that spectacular) prospect return he could net.

A Trey waive today could be a strong Asdrubal waive reply, come to think of it.

16 minutes ago, Greenpastures23 said:

This team might be better than the 2018 team. Who would have thought that

They weren't really looking 2018 bad until the 19 game losing streak happened. Coming into the year I thought the top 3 in the rotation might be close to average, which would keep them in alot of games. That obviously never came close to happening. With Akin, Ellis and now Lowther giving us solid starts its not out of the realm of possibility they get to 50 wins.