Rule 5 list

glenn__davis

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

It was hard to figure what value Milone had. 

To the right system these  guys could have value:

Diaz could have value to a low ranked farm system because he was #39 ranked prospect by BA  in 2019.  If he getting healthy he could be a major leaguer. He will play all of 2022 at 25 year old.  He has two options left.

Bannon has a 258/354/463/817 in 4 minor league seasons.  He had a 317/344/649/893 in 90 PA at AAA in 2019.  He has two option left.

Nevin is a former 1st rounder who is still 24 and playing at AAA. He has a option left

Mattson may be harder to trade but he has 2.68 ERA and more strike out (61) than inning pitched (43.2)  at AA just one minor league season ago. He has two options left.

Martin will be 27 next year so that makes it hard to trade him but he plays a premier position at SS, was a 1st round draft choice and did well at AA before all the injuries. He has 2 options left

Every system has plenty of guys like these guys.  They don’t have value and even if you did trade them, you are likely getting nothing for them in terms of prospects.  It’s just re-arranging the deck chairs.  

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Why?  Most, if not all, of those guys have zero trade value unless you are acquiring salary dumps or are 3rd or 4th pieces in a deal.

If you want to do something like that, so be it.  Otherwise, nothing is happening with them.  

Btw, I realize you are just trying to “kick the can down the road” and get guys that don’t need to be on the 40 man.

But this is also why you don’t just hold onto everyone.  Players suck, get hurt, lose value, etc..you gotta make moves and get rid of guys before that happens.

Agreed.  Those are the third or fourth prospects in a bigger trade.  Sort of like Bannon was in the Manny trade.  It's sad to think that Diaz is sinking from trade headliner to minor trade piece.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Every system has plenty of guys like these guys.  They don’t have value and even if you did trade them, you are likely getting nothing for them in terms of prospects.  It’s just re-arranging the deck chairs.  

Which Elias tend to do.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Which Elias tend to do.

…with pieces that he can get something back for.

Let’s put it another way.  The Os are going to be one of the worst teams in the history of the sport this year.  They have all these guys you listed that are in the majors or ML ready and yet you don’t think we can keep them on OUR 40 man but yet others are dying to have them on theirs?

7 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Agreed.  Those are the third or fourth prospects in a bigger trade.  Sort of like Bannon was in the Manny trade.  It's sad to think that Diaz is sinking from trade headliner to minor trade piece.

Bannon was a prospect and had value at the time of the Manny trade.   The only guy who might have that value as a 3rd piece in a trade is a team that believes Diaz is still very talented and just needs a little luck staying healthy.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

…with pieces that he can get something back for.

Let’s put it another way.  The Os are going to be one of the worst teams in the history of the sport this year.  They have all these guys you listed that are in the majors or ML ready and yet you don’t think we can keep them on OUR 40 man but yet others are dying to have them on theirs?

No one is dying to have them.  But they made give up someone from the Dominican League for them.

Just now, wildcard said:

I'll keep this post and we will talk in the off season.

I'm already shaking a little.  lol

No problem.   Let's make a gentleman's bet.   I bet Diaz is kept but Nevin, Bannon, Mattson, etc. are taken off the 40 man and exposed to waivers.   

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

No one is dying to have them.  But they made give up someone from the Dominican League for them.

Someone like Prado, Deson, DeLeon?   I don't think so.   As I said, Diaz is the only one that might have some value, IMO.

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

A gentleman's bet.  You have nothing to lose.   lol

I stopped betting a long time ago.   I have an opinion.  You have an opinion.  Lets see how it turns out.

Elias trades guys that I don't think are tradable.  It seems to be what he does.  Mostly because he will accept what appears to be little in return.

What did he do at the deadline? He traded Galvis coming off an injury for Tyler Burch  and Armstrong for cash.  He will trade for something or what appears to be almost nothing.