Friday August 20: Braves come to town

SteveA

6 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Ok, but how would you describe the bearded guy's eyes? (All 50+ of them.)

If they were on a girl.... they'd prolly be pretty nice. ?

I have such a problem with eyes and eye color and SIZE too. Cuz guys have eyes too... And sometimes they're colored really nice...

• Upvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The question is now do the Orioles win a game before this losing streak hits 20 games. 

Luck is the only thing I can think of.  Some weird miracle where the other team sucks for a night and makes four errors and gives up 12 runs and we win 12-8.  something like that.  

Just now, Gurgi said:

Luck is the only thing I can think of.  Some weird miracle where the other team sucks for a night and makes four errors and gives up 12 runs and we win 12-8.  something like that.  

Maybe Means comes through with a good start on Sunday. That's the best chance of getting a win before hitting 20 losses in a row. 

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

I'll ask again... what is the ML record?

I looked it up...

The 1889 Louisville Colonels hold the record for the longest losing streak in official MLB history at 26 games, though the 1875 Brooklyn Atlantics lost 31 consecutive games in the National Association, a number that is not considered official by MLB.

Modern era record. We can do that! :disco:

Phillies' 23-game losing streak in 1961
The Phillies' historic skid came to an end on Aug. 20, 1961, in the second half of a doubleheader against the Milwaukee Braves. They stretched their streak to 23 games by losing, 5-2, in the opener, but came from behind to win Game 2, 7-4. Right-hander John Buzhardt was the pitcher of record in the streak-busting victory, and also happened to have been the last Phils pitcher to record a win on July 28. The Phillies' 23-game rut hasn't been matched since; the closest any team has come is Baltimore's 0-21 start in 1988.