Sunday August 22: John Means' turn to try to end the streak

SteveA

18 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Good for him to have an off day..... see how he responds 

There is no way he isn’t back next year. 

Mancini doesn’t necessarily need to go but he should stay only if he accepts basically the same same salary.

I am Much more interested in dumping Stewart, who Just hasn’t shown anything.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well, you can at least give the Orioles credit for being consistent. 

Everyone that is part of this team should be ashamed. A bunch of random AAA guys should play better. Do you know how hard it is to lose 18 straight games?

Yes, I know a team with two Hall of Famers lost 21 straight (the 88 Orioles), but at least that was at the beginning of the year where guys are getting their bearings still.

It's just sad. Sad to be a laughing stock. Sad to not even compete. Mountcastle may be the only guy in this lineup that has a future with a winning Orioles team in the future. 

I could add a few more candidates. But it kind of depends on whether the next winning Orioles team arrives in 2024 or closer to 2030. 

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

The mind-blowing (to me, I realize not to most) thing about this crap team is that nobody's held responsible or accountable for their potentially record-breaking losing, their poor pitching, their inept hitting or their failure to employ baseball fundamentals. Either the leaders of this team are happy about what's happening, as some say they are, or they're pretty indifferent to the team's ineptness, occasionally throwing in a word like "disappointed" or "frustrated," but not doing anything to make things even a little bit better. 

It does feel a little too early to be just losing out the season. 39 games still left. They can start emulating the 4-32 end of 2002 in Tampa on Friday.

I know I said I was DONE with the Orioles. And I didn't watch...Friday's game? Maybe Saturday's? But I watched this whole game because, you know... get a guy on, another guy gets a hit. We might tie it! We might WIN it. ?

These f-in Orioles...