Two pitchers optioned

Legend_Of_Joey

Just now, Philip said:

I’m pretty sure that McKenna  would prefer to get regular AB’s every day in Baltimore.

?

I don't see how that's going to happen.  Hays is looking much better lately.  Mullins is Mullins. And Santander is in RF with Mancini/Mountcastle at 1B/DH.   In what galaxy do you see McKenna getting consistent AB's on that team?

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Chances are the only guys who will join the team Wednesday are guys who are already on the taxi squad.   I doubt anyone will deal with the red tape of flying to Canada for one day.   So yeah, Wells is probably one of them.   Any idea who else is on the taxi squad?

A third C is often brought up when rosters expand.

Ciuffo is one. 

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I don't see how that's going to happen.  Hays is looking much better lately.  Mullins is Mullins. And Santander is in RF with Mancini/Mountcastle at 1B/DH.   In what galaxy do you see McKenna getting consistent AB's on that team?

No clue. But they’ll figure something out.

27 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Chances are the only guys who will join the team Wednesday are guys who are already on the taxi squad.   I doubt anyone will deal with the red tape of flying to Canada for one day.   So yeah, Wells is probably one of them.   Any idea who else is on the taxi squad?

A third C is often brought up when rosters expand.

Roch mentioned the other day that they are going to bring all 5 “taxi squad” players to Toronto and the 2 additions will come from there. Cuiffo should be the taxi catcher, but I wouldn’t bet on him being more than that at all in September unless Severino or Wynns gets hurt.

Alex Wells should be on there and on the squad Wednesday.

For the players, Tyler Nevin, Richie Martin, Rylan Bannon and Yusniel Diaz are the ones currently on the 40. Time to stalk Roch some more and see who is there.

• Upvote 1

So we have both Stewart and McKenna fighting for at bats and playing time in an outfield that has Hays, Mullins, and Santander getting starter's reps?  Can McKenna play infield?  I like adding his speed as a late-inning pinch runner for the catcher or Mancini and maybe Santander.  We don't have as much need for pinch runners now with Mateo, Urias, Gutierrez and Jones.

15 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Roch mentioned the other day that they are going to bring all 5 “taxi squad” players to Toronto and the 2 additions will come from there. Cuiffo should be the taxi catcher, but I wouldn’t bet on him being more than that at all in September unless Severino or Wynns gets hurt.

Alex Wells should be on there and on the squad Wednesday.

For the players, Tyler Nevin, Richie Martin, Rylan Bannon and Yusniel Diaz are the ones currently on the 40. Time to stalk Roch some more and see who is there.

Roch has confirmed Wells and Ciuffo on the taxi squad so far. 

20 hours ago, billw76 said:

I hope we never find out if there was a good one. Always sell high on releivers, way too much risk for something like this to happen, although I don't think anyone would have thought he'd be this bad after the deadline.

Always sell high on relievers. Relievers are volatile. Not every bullpen is Givens, Brach, O’day, and Britton. Plus relievers are only pitch 60-70 IP a year. If you can get a position prospect in return then you do that all day.