The Akron Rubber Ducks

Just Regular

September at-bat leaders:

74, SS Brayan Rocchio  (#7 prospect, per MLB.com)

62, CF Will Brennan   (#29 prospect)

59, RF George Valera   (#2 prospect)

59, LF Victor Nova

50, C Bo Naylor

47, 3B Marcos Gonzalez

44, SS Jose Fermin

43, SS Ike Freeman

September Games Started leaders:

3, Peyton Battenfield  (#17 prospect)

3, Konnor Pilkington

3, Thomas Ponticelli

2, Adam Scott

2, the 9.5.1998 Logan Allen (#10 prospect).   Not to be confused with the 5.23.1997 Logan Allen, the Cleveland cousin of slow throwing Oriole left-handers.

For Somerset week, Akron's rotation was Allen/Battenfield/Curry/Pilkington/Ponticelli/Allen (following Bieber spectacularly yesterday).

So their hottest SP prospect did Tuesday/Sunday work, but should be ready to run anchor in Game 4 or 5 if it goes that far.    Bieber hit around a little bit yesterday, so may or may not need "one more rehab game".

Fangraphs has 4 RubberDucks in their top 104 prospects:

61.  Brayan Rocchio SS 

64. Tyler Freeman 2B (injured)

93. George Valera RF

104. Bo Naylor C

All four with a FV 50 grade. That’s a pretty stacked team.  Rocchio and Valera spent more time in HiA than AA this year.   Naylor and Freeman spent the year in AA but Freeman has been out since late July with an injury.

For us, they have Grayson at 12, the absent Hall at 18, and Gunnar at 88.

The RubberDucks led the AA Northeast in runs/game at 5.28; Bowie was 2nd at 5.23.   Bowie was 3rd in OPS and Akron 5th.  Akron’s a bit more of an OBP team, Bowie an SLG team.   Akron was 2nd in the league with a 3.78 ERA, Bowie 6th at 4.28.   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Because it's an attempt to curb one team's fanbase from stuffing the ballot.
    • 1 vs 2 vote is stupid after #1 already got the most votes.  Why not 2 cs 3 for reserve?
    • Picking at 22 and 32 we have a chance to nab some guys with resumes. Benge, Brecht, Honeycutt, Amick, White, Culpepper, and one of the NCAA C if we want. Hopefully we can get two of those guys when we pick. Developing pitching and keeping it healthy is hard. With our recent history with bats it might be good to keep growing them. Benge and White/Amick would be ideal. They could be real close to Bowie this time next year. 
    • Hopefully, Santander is Tuck’s replacement. He is worthy, and his hard work should be rewarded if there is room.  Kimbrel would have been nice, but Clay Holmes, when rested and healthy, has much better stuff. I know the numbers are poor for him at the moment, but he is nasty. Kimbrel is a gutty vet who used to be incredibly tough. His selection this year would have been about his career and legacy. That is not a popular take on this board, so be it. Westburg and Mountcastle can use the time off. Both are supposed to be fairly banged up at the moment. O’Hearn is just another guy I would have loved to see make it. A grinder, who exemplifies the blue collar fan base of Baltimore. A great story, but mostly a platoon guy.
    • Outside of any of the "snubs" losing out of any potential bonuses, I don't care. I'd almost rather see them getting a solid break mid season anyways. 
    • I think there is a better term than "angry" to describe some of the O's. Anger seldom results in anything positive. Now, playing with attitude is another thing. GH is certainly the "King" of attitude on this team, no one is going to beat him. I believe there are several position players that show attitude in different ways. Pitchers?? SP throw 90 or so pitches. They can't afford to display emotions or they would be worn out much earlier. They also can't afford to have the "deer in the headlights" look. Of the O's starters, I believe CP is in that world at present. It's mainly an experience and growth thing.  GR, IMO, has approved significantly in that department over the last year. 
    • On close examination of Kjerstad today (July 7), I hope he is not part of any trade package. This kid is a bull, with power potential that is off the charts.  He runs surprisingly well and that throw to the plate from left was very impressive, if a bit high. I can see him planted in left field for a long time, perhaps in a platoon with Hays the rest of the year, but eventually full time if he proves able to hit southpaws.
  • Popular Contributors