Who are the Orioles 2021 #17 and #18 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the Orioles 2021 #17 and #18 prospects?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2021 #17 and #18 prospects?

• Kyle Bradish - RHP and Mike Baumann - RHP
    • Kyle Bradish - RHP and Terrin Vavra - 2B/CF
    • Mishael Deson - OF and Creed Willems - C
    • John Rhodes - OF and Felix Bautista - RHP
    • Terrin Vavra and Michael Baumann - RHP

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, MouncastleandMcCormick said:

Just have to say that we are now more than halfway through the top 30 and there is no sign of Zach Watson.  This excites me to no end.

An elite defensive outfielder who OPSed .781 in Bowie would have been the thing to hang your dreams on in years past.

Exactly. Also, went 20/20. Our organization has just gotten so much better. I remember 3 years ago writing in these threads that the big boy teams could do a legit top 50-75 and not just name names for ranking sake. The more we sign for the DSL, the deeper our list will get. That’s the last piece here, is to start to get those top int’l signees. 

I like Deson and Willem but it’s too early for them. Especially with Deson playing a lot of 1B. I like Bradish and Vavra here. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, MouncastleandMcCormick said:

Just have to say that we are now more than halfway through the top 30 and there is no sign of Zach Watson.  This excites me to no end.

An elite defensive outfielder who OPSed .781 in Bowie would have been the thing to hang your dreams on in years past.

That's the first I've heard that his defense is elite.  I think the strikeout to walk ratio is a big red flag with Watson though I think he's still viewed as a possible fourth outfielder. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

That's the first I've heard that his defense is elite.  I think the strikeout to walk ratio is a big red flag with Watson though I think he's still viewed as a possible fourth outfielder. 

The NCAA reports we’re elite defender I believe when we drafted him. The strikeouts are holding him back. But, we didn’t punish Stowers for that. 21 HR for a CF is impressive. It looks like he’s going to be more in the top 25-30 range. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

The NCAA reports we’re elite defender I believe when we drafted him. The strikeouts are holding him back. But, we didn’t punish Stowers for that. 21 HR for a CF is impressive. It looks like he’s going to be more in the top 25-30 range. 

Sounds like a guy who could be good trade bait if the O's ever get to a point where they're trading prospects. 

50 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Yeah, I have Hudson Haskin ahead of Watson.  

56 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I didn't see an elite defender. He's fine out in LF, but I didn't see the footspeed or jumps needed to stick in center as anything other than a Joey Rickard type of 4th outfielder who can play CF ok. I think McKenna is a better defender. I also think McKenna is a much better hitter overall and I think everyone knows what I think about McKenna at the major league level.