Who are the Orioles 2021 #17 and #18 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the Orioles 2021 #17 and #18 prospects?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2021 #17 and #18 prospects?

• Kyle Bradish - RHP and Mike Baumann - RHP
    • Kyle Bradish - RHP and Terrin Vavra - 2B/CF
    • Mishael Deson - OF and Creed Willems - C
    • John Rhodes - OF and Felix Bautista - RHP
    • Terrin Vavra and Michael Baumann - RHP

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a tough one for you because I have gone back and forth with upside vs guys closer but with less ceilings.

This is where you have to ask yourself about the upside of the guys not listed yet. Are there anyone that gets you excited? 

What do we know about that player? If there are not any super upside players left, who still has a chance to be a solid contributor to a major league team with maybe a little upside to be better?

Are there any potential starters left? Of if they can't stick as starters, who has a chance of being a high leverage reliever? 

From a player standpoint, do they have a big platoon difference? Do they have defensive issues? Do they have a plus tools or just average tools across the board. Do they have any obvious holes in their games? Have they performed well at an age appropriate for their level? Have they performed well in AAA or the majors? 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I didn't see an elite defender. He's fine out in LF, but I didn't see the footspeed or jumps needed to stick in center as anything other than a Joey Rickard type of 4th outfielder who can play CF ok. I think McKenna is a better defender. I also think McKenna is a much better hitter overall and I think everyone knows what I think about McKenna at the major league level. 

Thanks for the update. 

With Mullins playing everyday in CF we may only need a Rickard type of CF to fill in. I feel pretty good about our organizations guys that can cover CF behind Mullins the in the future. Hays, McKenna, Watson, and Haskins. That’s pretty good CF organizational depth compared to where we were even before last season. 

What I like about the list so far and where it’s headed is it’s looking like we’re only going to have one reliever(Bautista), no swingman types, util guys, 1B/DH types, or guys like Diaz/Peralta that will be ranked just because they’ve been ranked for years. Lots of quality. Lots of upside. Lots of everyda position players. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MouncastleandMcCormick said:

Just have to say that we are now more than halfway through the top 30 and there is no sign of Zach Watson.  This excites me to no end.

An elite defensive outfielder who OPSed .781 in Bowie would have been the thing to hang your dreams on in years past.

I had a dream last night that Watson came in for the O's and hit a bomb. I assume it's because of this post, because otherwise when's the last time I thought of Watson? lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:04 AM, Tony-OH said:

a is a better defender. I also think McKenna is a much better hitter overall and I think everyone knows what I think about McKenna at the major league level. 

I don’t. I must have missed it. Im assuming you don’t think Much of him, but McKenna is an elite runner and an excellent defender at all three OF positions who can’t hit. Doesn’t that give him 4OF usefulness that Stewart, for instance, doesn’t offer?