I'm already over this offseason.

Moose Milligan

26 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

As I and many others have said on here before. You can rebuild, form a strong core of young talent, have an elite talent pipeline, AND try to not have the MLB team suck.  It really is a novel concept. 

The amazing part is that people on this site can’t grasp this.   They have been so completely fooled by the rebuilding word and have completely bought into the Elias GM speak.

Whats even funnier is that if/when the team does contend, people will actually think they did because of rebuilding.   When in fact, the same exact thing could have been accomplished even if they were trying to win games.

It’s a comedy of errors.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Seems to me that he's questioning the process moreso than the individual players.

I think that you don't cut yourself off from any source of talent.  That goes for the International market or the free agent market.  You need to pull from all of them.

Right it's a very convenient why to make hypothetical claims without having to engage in reality.

Just now, Pickles said:

So you want to complain that the O's didn't do something you don't think they should have done?

That's...... rational.

You bring up E-Rod.   I brought him up this summer and I identified him as a good target.  If you want to complain about the O's not signing E-Rod- more power to you- but you do it when the O's don't sign E-Rod.

You don't do it every time some other random team signs a FA, particularly when you believe that specfic FA contract is a bad idea.

What?

The Semien signing is proof that you don't have to be in some sort of a "window" to go out and make a signing in free agency.  Do I think the Rangers just made a bad signing?  Absolutely, I do.  But the idea here is that if the Rangers, who won 60 games last year, went out and signed Semien for 7/175, we absolutely could have and SHOULD HAVE signed Ed-Rod to whatever deal he got from the Tigers...another terrible team who's attempting to make themselves better.

All of these teams who are practically just as bad as us are trying to make themselves better.  Some of the signings they've made are good, some of them are bad.  But at least they're trying.  

I don't believe that Ed-Rod was ever on our radar and it's stupid that he wasn't.  Yes, I'll complain about that.

Looking forward to your weird-ass interpretation of my post.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No, I know.  They're dumb signings.  You'd have thought they'd have learned back when they signed A-Rod to his first deal but clearly they didn't.

That’s what I would have figured too. I don’t like the Orioles sitting on their hands, but it’s better than signing more Davis & Trumbo like contracts. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

We agree, although it is necessary at times…but that’s not the concept that I, nor anyone else, is speaking about.

Again, it's a very convenient way to make hypothetical claims without dealing with reality.

It's saying "The O's should sign FAs!" and then being shown the FA list and the contracts they're getting, and saying "Well obviously none of those FAs."

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That’s what I would have figured too. I don’t like the Orioles sitting on their hands, but it’s better than signing more Davis & Trumbo like contracts. 

You mean 2 contracts that did absolutely nothing to hurt the franchise except poor spending?  

Nothing about those contracts prevented the Os from doing anything.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Again, it's a very convenient way to make hypothetical claims without dealing with reality.

It's saying "The O's should sign FAs!" and then being shown the FA list and the contracts they're getting, and saying "Well obviously none of those FAs."

It's funny that you think you're dealing in reality...and then make a claim on here that no one is making.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

What?

The Semien signing is proof that you don't have to be in some sort of a "window" to go out and make a signing in free agency.  Do I think the Rangers just made a bad signing?  Absolutely, I do.  But the idea here is that if the Rangers, who won 60 games last year, went out and signed Semien for 7/175, we absolutely could have and SHOULD HAVE signed Ed-Rod to whatever deal he got from the Tigers...another terrible team who's attempting to make themselves better.

All of these teams who are practically just as bad as us are trying to make themselves better.  Some of the signings they've made are good, some of them are bad.  But at least they're trying.  

I don't believe that Ed-Rod was ever on our radar and it's stupid that he wasn't.  Yes, I'll complain about that.

Looking forward to your weird-ass interpretation of my post.  

Yes, those weird ass interpretations of applying logic to your posts.  The gall!

The Siemen signing is proof that the Rangers are stupid.  Nothing more and nothing less.

Where you in my E-Rod this summer?  I don't remember.  Did you put a number out there then?

Just now, Pickles said:

Again, it’s more than that.  It’s just the simple concept of trying to get better and not accept losing.  Free agency is one of those ways but there are others. 

You are fine with losing and being pathetic.  That’s fine.  I was for a few years as well.

Im not anymore.  It’s perfectly understandable why people are fed up with it.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

It's funny that you think you're dealing in reality...and then make a claim on here that no one is making.

Nobody is claiming that the O's should be signing FAs?

LOL!  Hahahahahahah!

I guess that was another one of those weird ass interpretations.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

You mean 2 contracts that did absolutely nothing to hurt the franchise except poor spending?  

Nothing about those contracts prevented the Os from doing anything.

That isn't exactly accurate.

Both players had qualifying offers attached.   Signing them might have very well cost the O's late first round draft picks.

That is a cost.