MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If your raise doesn't keep up with inflation it's actually a pay cut.

Lol.. How can anyone keep up with the inflation in this country right now? Your nonsense was noted as was your laugh emoji on the disrespectful post to me. Funny stuff huh? 

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol.. How can anyone keep up with the inflation in this country right now? Your nonsense was noted as was your laugh emoji on the disrespectful post to me. Funny stuff huh? 

Yep, I thought it was an amusing comment and I responded accordingly.

Pretty sure you've laughed emoted when folks have taken shots at my expense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The players should come out with the numbers.  How much has revenue increased since the last CBa?  How much should it increase the next 5 years?

What is that number and how much do you want of it?  Show that.

Jesus, I can't believe it's that simple.  SG, get in there and show them who's boss and how to get **** done!

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Yes, we already know you don’t really believe in workers getting a fair share of revenue. 

if you’re the product driving massive revenue increases, and your pay isn’t increasing at even a small percentage of the revenue increase ….it’s not a fair deal. 

heck the players aren’t even asking for 50%

Nor should they. They do not own the business. They are workers. They make a lot of money.

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in 2020, the average US income came in at $84,352 per year (before taxes). 

MLB's proposal starts at $640,000, increasing $10,000 each year through 2026 (to $680,000). That's almost 8 times the amount of the American worker and that's the entry pay level. According to recent data, MLB players in 2021 earn an average income of $4.17 million, however, the median income of $1.1 million shows a totally different picture.

So the median income is over ten times of the American worker.

So why in the world would anyone cry poor that works for that money. Lets not forget they get $102/day meal money on the road and not less than 30/day if provided by the team. They all can get endorsement deals to make more money.

So besides being raped by state and federal government in taxes, why should you people "for the workers" be up and arms for the players here? 

Owners are mostly rich jerks. Sure, and they get that way by trying to keep as much money as possible. I could really care less about whether they keep more money or players get more, but what is laughable is trying to make the players out like they aren't making a living wage. It's ridiculous.

• Upvote 1