Hype Post: I'm extremely excited about 2022

interloper

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm excited about this season, too.  But I don't have confidence that it'll start anytime soon.

I'd rather have another high OBP in the 2nd spot.  

I’m hoping the season starts by May 1st and at the latest Memorial Day. This lockout feels like it’s going to drag out more before there is any type of agreement between the owners and players association. 

I like the hype thread day after the Super Bowl!   I feel like Heston Kjerstad being healthy and about to show us if he is at all who Elias thought he was is in the top tier of my March/April "Can't Wait to See This" in 2022.

I was just poking around Clay Davenport's player cards, and the Six-Year mean projection on Adley 2022-2027 is 32 WAR.   The comps also reminded me of Victor Martinez as a switch-hitting star bat, though of course Adley on his worst day probably better than Victor on his best afield.

Obviously there is more to a baseball team than the alpha dog, but pitting Adley against divisional cornerstones of his time, the Davenport six-year means for other 2022-2027's go Wander 31 WAR, Vlad 41 WAR, Devers 19 WAR, Judge 25 WAR.

Yes, I’m excited as well.   Especially for Rutschman and Rodriguez.   Honestly I’m not sure Hall will get to the majors this year, but I hope he does.   

The minor leagues will be a great follow.   Tons of prospects there worth keeping an eye on.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes, I’m excited as well.   Especially for Rutschman and Rodriguez.   Honestly I’m not sure Hall will get to the majors this year, but I hope he does.   

The minor leagues will be a great follow.   Tons of prospects there worth keeping an eye on.  

Hall is on the 40, if he's healthy I think he makes it at some point.

I read some interesting/odd stat a while back.  Something like DL Hall is the only MiLB/MLB pitcher to have a 40% swing/miss rate on 4 different pitches.  Having trouble finding where I read that though...  Not sure if it was a fantasy article or a prospect article.

6 hours ago, btdart20 said:

I read some interesting/odd stat a while back.  Something like DL Hall is the only MiLB/MLB pitcher to have a 40% swing/miss rate on 4 different pitches.  Having trouble finding where I read that though...  Not sure if it was a fantasy article or a prospect article.

I found it for you. 
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/ranking-the-best-pitches-in-the-top-100/?amphtml

3. D.L. Hall (FF, SL, CB, CHG)—Unfortunately, injuries robbed us of a full season from Hall in 2021, because when Hall is healthy he boasts some of the best lefthanded stuff in baseball. Case and point, Hall is the only pitcher on this list with four different pitches with whiff rates above 40%, meaning every pitch in Hall’s arsenal has the ability to miss bats at a high rate. His fastball is the only heater on this list with a whiff rate of 40% or above, and he showed the ability to get the pitch in the zone, with a strike rate just a hair below 70%. It’s the combination of plus velocity and a flat approach angle that drives results on Hall’s fastball, as he has the flattest approach angle of pitchers on this list that averaged 97 mph or above on their fastball. Batters were helpless against his four-seamer even when they did make contact, batting just .119/.246/.186 against it in his brief 2021 season. While Hall’s primary secondary as an amateur was a curveball, his slider and changeup have become equally important parts of his arsenal. His curveball still misses bats, and hitters had the lowest slash line against the pitch of any in his mix, but his command is better on both his changeup and slider,  meaning the curveball’s utility is primarily as a chase pitch. His slider, on the other hand, was one of six sliders on the list with a strike rate of 60% or above and a whiff rate of 40% or above. His changeup was hit the most of his quartet of pitches, but also drove the most whiffs, while seeing an average strike rate. In closing, Hall has an easy plus fastball that is metrically double-plus, with a trio of strong secondaries that miss bats. It's just a matter of sustained health and improved strike-throwing on his curveball and changeup.”

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1