Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

Looks like he has transitioned to 1B/DH. Perhaps his arm/shoulder will not hold up to the rigors of being an everyday  catcher

Huh? So far he's caught 9 times, DH 5, 1B twice.  Very similar to his position split last year.  We know you're hoping for failure here but let him succeed or fail on his own, no need to make stuff up. 

.222/.400/.333 so far in 8 games at AAA.     Think he is 0 for 3 so far today so the numbers may dip again before tomorrow.   Do we think this may lead to a more extended stay at AAA?   If he doesn't come up tomorrow, how likely do we think it might be later in the homestand.........or would they more likely just wait until the next one?    Weirdly enough the next one starts on a Tuesday..........May 31.

• Like 1

Just now, Aglets said:

.222/.400/.333 so far in 8 games at AAA.     Think he is 0 for 3 so far today so the numbers may dip again before tomorrow.   Do we think this may lead to a more extended stay at AAA?   If he doesn't come up tomorrow, how likely do we think it might be later in the homestand.........or would they more likely just wait until the next one?    Weirdly enough the next one starts on a Tuesday..........May 31.

I don't think it factors into it at all.

It shouldn't.  He "proved" last season he could hit at AAA.

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think it factors into it at all.

It shouldn't.  He "proved" last season he could hit at AAA.

Adley has clearly proven he can hit at the Triple A level. However, he's going to be under a microscope as soon as he comes up. I could see the Orioles preferring to wait until he's consistently making good contact at the plate, and is feeling good. Today for instance he's hit a lot of ground balls, he's clearly not swinging his best. 

8 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Adley has clearly proven he can hit at the Triple A level. However, he's going to be under a microscope as soon as he comes up. I could see the Orioles preferring to wait until he's consistently making good contact at the plate, and is feeling good. Today for instance he's hit a lot of ground balls, he's clearly not swinging his best. 

No one is looking that closely at the Orioles.

I don't think Elias is worried about him "feeling good". 

2 hours ago, Aglets said:

So you think he might travel with Norfolk on the road? I know he did once before but that was more weather related . Is he passed his minor league rehab or can he go play some games with Bowie at home?

11 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So you think he might travel with Norfolk on the road? I know he did once before but that was more weather related . Is he passed his minor league rehab or can he go play some games with Bowie at home?

I am interested in finding out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Is he passed his minor league rehab or can he go play some games with Bowie at home?

Can_of_Corn already said this earlier: Rutschman finished his rehab when he came back to Norfolk. He is a minor leaguer, not a MLB'er on a rehab assignment. He can go to Bowie, but it wouldn't be a rehab, it would just be him being sent down and he would then count against the roster there.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Aglets said:

I was somewhat alarmed by Roch's remark that his callup will depend on "the box score", whatever that means. If they are looking for him to hit over a small sample it is possible he hasn't done enough in their eyes. I personally cannot fathom a reason to keep him down at this point. Only possible reason would be Super 2 so if this drags on until June that will confirm everyone's worst fears about the organization.

I am more and more concerned about his health. Terrible CS% and multiple throwing errors. His bat seems anemic. I dunno.

He needs more time IMO. He doesn't look like an impact player right now and that's a huge bummer/concern. The one home run was more of a lucky pop fly than a real drive.

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I was somewhat alarmed by Roch's remark that his callup will depend on "the box score", whatever that means. If they are looking for him to hit over a small sample it is possible he hasn't done enough in their eyes. I personally cannot fathom a reason to keep him down at this point. Only possible reason would be Super 2 so if this drags on until June that will confirm everyone's worst fears about the organization.

My post I think makes a fairly logical point (but I am of course biased, lol) that if he isn't called up today.............then it's not unreasonable to predict the next window will be May 31.

47 minutes ago, interloper said:

I am more and more concerned about his health. Terrible CS% and multiple throwing errors. His bat seems anemic. I dunno.

He needs more time IMO. He doesn't look like an impact player right now and that's a huge bummer/concern. The one home run was more of a lucky pop fly than a real drive.

If he isn't healthy he shouldn't be playing (or at least DH only). If he is healthy, bring him up. If he fails, let him fail.

I watched his ABs against Liberatore. I saw tremendous bat speed. One pitch he jumped all over and ended up with a pop up, but it was a great swing with perfect timing, but barely missed the sweet spot.

24 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If he isn't healthy he shouldn't be playing (or at least DH only). If he is healthy, bring him up. If he fails, let him fail.

I watched his ABs against Liberatore. I saw tremendous bat speed. One pitch he jumped all over and ended up with a pop up, but it was a great swing with perfect timing, but barely missed the sweet spot.

Yes.  If there were any worries about his health Elias wouldn't be playing him, I think we can be pretty sure of that.

It's time.  Dude is 24 years old.  We have a huge gaping hole at the C position.  Get him up here already.