Interesting Cuts?

Bahama O's Fan

Klobosits claimed by the A's.  A's drop 26 yr old OF Luis Barrera.  From MLB.com:

Barrera is a pure hitter with an ability to slash the ball from line to line. While the home run totals have been low, he is able to use his left-handed stroke to hit line drives to all fields. His great hand-eye coordination allows him to put the ball in play often and keeps his strikeout rate low, even if he does not draw a ton of walks. Not only is he a speedster on the bases, he’s also displayed good instincts when running, allowing him to consistently put up double-digit stolen base totals.

Barrera’s passion for the game makes him one of the more fun A’s prospects to watch. He plays good defense, though he is a little slow in his transition getting the ball out of his glove. The A’s still love his athleticism, and he projects as an outfielder who can play all three spots in the big leagues.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

Wonder why they gave up on him ….3ish ERA in A and AA. Had a tough year at AAA last year even though he K’d 130 in 97 innings. Yet he was probably called up despite a high ERA and was worse. I’d take a shot as bad as we need a starter

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Wonder why they gave up on him ….3ish ERA in A and AA. Had a tough year at AAA last year even though he K’d 130 in 97 innings. Yet he was probably called up despite a high ERA and was worse. I’d take a shot as bad as we need a starter

Why not? No excuse not to when we have Harvey & Watkins. 

1 hour ago, Hazmat said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/04/giants-to-acquire-cory-abbott.html

Abbott acquired by the Giants for cash.  

I guess no one that's been DFA'd thus far has been viewed as an upgrade by Elias.

I think because Elias is going to need 40 man spots  for Grayson and Stowers the talent level of the team has gone up.  Its harder to find waiver claims better than that he has or  what he has coming.

24 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think because Elias is going to need 40 man spots  for Grayson and Stowers the talent level of the team has gone up.  Its harder to find waiver claims better than that he has or  what he has coming.

I don't think either of those 2 will be up until at least after the ASG.

Stowers may not see Baltimore at all this season. Why bring him up if he can't play pretty much everyday.