The season really begins on May 2nd

wildcard

23 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I agree they don't wait that long for Adley mostly because I don't know if they can milk this injury long enough. I also don't think they wait on it for Bradish. You don't half-a** pushing back to after the Super-2. If they choose to wait until they think they can get the extra year of arb for Super-2, they don't call him up until mid June because you don't wait weeks longer than necessary unless you are 100% sure you get past the Super-2 cutoff. Otherwise, it's not worth it. Given the ages on Bradish and Rutschman, there'd be too much upheaval to wait until near mid-season.  

I, however, could see them waiting on Rodriguez. The kid is well below the average age for AAA and has to date made just one start there. Given the different ball and more offensively friendly environment as well as his less than stellar spring appearance, the argument can be made for giving him nearly half a season in Norfolk. Of course, that argument goes out the window if 5 starts in he's still mowing down hitters like he did in his first start. 

I really hope you are right and we are seeing these guys in the Majors within weeks rather than months. Once they are on the roster, this becomes a much more exciting team to watch. It may not translate into too many more wins in 2022 as there will be growing pains, but it'll at least be more interesting to watch the improvement as the season progresses.  

I think you’re right that of the three, the easiest to push back a bit is Rodriguez, who is the youngest and has no AAA experience.   I think they’ll be patient if he struggles a bit.   But that first start was, well, awesome.   A few more of those and it gets really hard to rationalize keeping him down.  And, Elias pretty much indicated this spring that it might not take long to call him up.   So we’ll see.   

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

To be fair, my prediction last week or so was that he would appear in extended ST games sometime this week.  Then he would go to AAA for 1-2 weeks and be ready late April/early May.

All of that can still happen.

The injury was announced on March 16.  They said it was going to be a 2-3 week shutdown and then resume baseball activities.  That has happened.  

It has now been 4 weeks since that announcement was made.  

Game action should be occurring soon.

And disagree what you are saying about Roch.  He’s going to say what he’s being told.  He’s not going to lie about it.

All of that still can happen, SG.  Yep, it sure can.

What are you willing to bet that it'll happen?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

All of that still can happen, SG.  Yep, it sure can.

What are you willing to bet that it'll happen?

I don’t know.  I’m not as worried about it as you seem to be.  They are going to be careful with him so that he doesn’t have any setbacks.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t know.  I’m not as worried about it as you seem to be.  They are going to be careful with him so that he doesn’t have any setbacks.

Au contraire, SG.  I'm not worried at all.  I'm fully expecting the worst to happen to this franchise at all times.  Anything else is a minor miracle.  

26 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So Adley got hurt on March 11th.Lucky he didn't get hurt when the season started,he would be out till June 

Pet Dan Connolly:

No real update on Adley Rutschman (right triceps). Improving. Hitting off coaches. No exact timetable

Like I said, if it gets close to the Super 2 deadline (and I think they have a very good idea of where that deadline falls) I think they hold him back.

Why bring him up and have him be a super two if they can wait a couple of weeks.....

It only makes sense....

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Roch provided me with an update on Adley via Twitter:

You are a Tucker fan and supported the MAGA coup against our country…color me shocked. I work to defend our country and then there is filth like you.  I’ll keep that in mind the next time you go on a tirade about brown folk in cities too. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

You are a Tucker fan and supported the MAGA coup against our country…color me shocked. I work to defend our country and then there is filth like you.  I’ll keep that in mind the next time you go on a tirade about brown folk in cities too. 

What about that post triggered this response?  I suspect I’m about 180 degrees from SG politically (okay, maybe  160), but what’s this got to do with an injury report on Stowers?