Friday, April 15: Yankees come to town

SteveA

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

With no outs late in a 1-1 game, getting to second with nobody out is huge. Gallo's momentum was taking him toward the foul line, he threw a perfect strike and it took a perfect tag to get him. Don't love the outcome but Mateo is a speed guy and he should be using his speed to put pressure on the defense. Force them to make a play.

With two outs it’s a better gamble than no outs. He could always steal second base. I would not have done it but it wasn’t the worst play I have ever seen. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I'm blacked out of mlb.tv and watching on YES. They rushed off the air when Urias K'd. Was that pitch low?

Here's a weird thing. The YES announcers are at the game -- AN AWAY GAME. How can they do that?

It was at bottom of zone 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

With no outs late in a 1-1 game, getting to second with nobody out is huge. Gallo's momentum was taking him toward the foul line, he threw a perfect strike and it took a perfect tag to get him. Don't love the outcome but Mateo is a speed guy and he should be using his speed to put pressure on the defense. Force them to make a play.

I don’t hate that he’s aggressive, but it still has to be in the right situation. And Gallo can make that throw with momentum or not.