The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But don't you find it curious that unlike Phelps, Teixeira was never shown on camera?

Not at all. Phelps is a national media phenom. Tex is a very good 1B that (I'd say) the majority of Americans haven't heard of. Tex is nowhere near the star that Phelps is.

Rather than jump to conclusions. Why not wait for Belk to show this morning.

Simply put? I'm sure Belkast will tell you himself...any info he gets is no different that anything else that comes from an 'insider'. It's just what someone close to the story has heard and certainly not the gospel.

It's fun to get updates from Belkast and bigbird and the other guys with some inside info, but it all should be "taken for what it's worth" or with a "grain of salt" just like the insiders themselves advertise.

I agree wholeheartedly. While I'm not 100% confident Tex will sign here, I definitely think it's a good sign that A) he was at the game yesterday and B) he was spotted in the MASN suites.

Obviously, someone had to invite him up there.

Where is this information coming from? Everything that I have read stated that is not true... :confused:

I would like to remind everyone that it's very unlikely that Buster has any real information. He expects us to drop out because he's going off of previous history and he thinks that we can't stand up to Boston. In his mind, Boston will win this because they're Boston. Eleven years ago we would have been the favorite.

Buster's quote, on a Boston radio station in fact, is not surprising at all. Take it for what it's worth, which isn't much.

What do you think? Is everone's (Angels, Boston, NY, Nats, O's) final WOW offer on the table?

Boras needs to be assured that he can't outblink anyone to drive the price up. It's a game of chicken.

But can he get anyone to go higher or are we done with that phase of the game?

The O's need to resolve this one way or the other. Sign him or move on to plan B - QUICKLY.

Agreed. For the emotional well being of us all, I wish this would just reach some kind of conclusion soon. I don't see why, with only four teams in the running, this continues to drag out. And if a couple of insiders seem sure he is going to be an Oriole, I don't understand why the FO is keeping so quiet.

Also, I am now officially an All Star. AWESOME.

I would like to remind everyone that it's very unlikely that Buster has any real information. He expects us to drop out because he's going off of previous history and he thinks that we can't stand up to Boston. In his mind, Boston will win this because they're Boston. Eleven years ago we would have been the favorite.

Buster's quote, on a Boston radio station in fact, is not surprising at all. Take it for what it's worth, which isn't much.

Are you serious? I'm not saying the guy's untouchable or anything, but "it's very unlikely that Buster has any real information."?!?! Are you serious with that? He's not a columnist with some local rag. He's a pretty respected member of the national media.

The idea that Teixeira is likely to wind up in Boston is actually pretty logical.

Archived