The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

Personally, I think the more time that goes by, the least likely it is that he signs here.
At TWENTY-FIVE million per year! He would be insane to turn that down. He'll still only be 34 when that contract expires and can cash in again! In the words of C3-PO...."we're doomed!"
Exactly! I find it highly unlikely that we will land Tex, I've moved on now. If by some chance we do land him I will come on here and write an apology to Belkast for doubting him.

All that's happening is Boras is milking every offer he can out of every team. This is all part of the process, and everyone should have expected it.

At some point, someone's going to put another solid offer on the table. We all just have to hope that our "wow" offer is enough to reel him in. Our insiders obviously think it will.

BTW, I think the Boston fascination is 100% due to Boras. By continually pumping Boston, Boras both gets the Orioles to step up and tries to get the Yankees involved. The latter hasn't happened of course, but it certainly fits his MO.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will chime in again. PGA and Tex did have a meeting over the weekend. I'm sure you all will speculate what,where,when, why, and probably how!!!

We have put out the "wow offer". My understanding is it is in the hands of Tex now. Does he want to come or not?????

I am thinking we will have a answer in the next couple of days.

Am I still extremely opimistic????? YES

Hank Scorpio. He works on the Ravens sidelines.

Thanks. If that is true, how does this information get past Roch who visited the suites twice during the game? Unless if Tex arrived admirably late or left extremely early? Either way, you'd think Roch would've known this.

(Giving the benefit of doubt to both Hank and Roch)

-Derek

I will chime in again. PGA and Tex did have a meeting over the weekend. I'm sure you all will speculate what,where,when, why, and probably how!!!

We have put out the "wow offer". My understanding is it is in the hands of Tex now. Does he want to come or not?????

Thanks buddy.

I think he'll go to Boston, just like I thought a month ago.

Wow...he's positive that this isn't happening.

Am I reading the wrong article? He had only one line in there about Tex and it said the Red Sox "may end up with" Tex.

It was a Red Sox and Yankees article. Nothing more to see. No wonder it was free.

Thanks Belkast. This is what I was thinking. I think the biggest question now is where does this wow offer stand amongst the other offers on the table? Not sure any of us have the answer to this though.

If we were signing Tex to a 2-3 year deal, then Olney would be right on. When you are signing him to a 8-10 year deal, then his argument holds no water! Why is this SO difficult for the media to understand. Signing Tex is a LONG term commitment to winning.

Olney seems to imply that our payroll would top out at around $80 million with Tex on the books. I think we can all agree that $100 million is not out of reach for this organization. Yea $20 million would be taking up a big chunk, but we’re not the Marlins. Everyone on the team doesn’t have to be making $500,000 a year.

Tex single handedly won’t sell out Camden yards every night, but he’ll put us closer to contending. If MacPhail and Angelos think we can add his salary and maintain payroll flexibility then sign him! Olney has no clue what our potential payroll can be. Not to mention the positive PR this team badly needs.

Are you serious? I'm not saying the guy's untouchable or anything, but "it's very unlikely that Buster has any real information."?!?! Are you serious with that? He's not a columnist with some local rag. He's a pretty respected member of the national media.

The idea that Teixeira is likely to wind up in Boston is actually pretty logical.

Couldn't agree more. It's logical to people that he would want to sign with the Orioles because he is from the area. However, it's just as logicial, if not moreso to sign with Boston (winning franchise, apparent 6/150 offer on the table).

Archived