The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope...again, it's just a feeling, but I think that if he were going to sign here, it would be done already. If he truly wanted to be an Oriole, Boras, Angelos, MacPhail, and Tex would have gotten this done already.

Just a hunch...I have no insider knowledge.

Yes, because MacPhail and the Orioles have a reputation for getting things done fast!!;)

I think deciding between 6/150 and 10/200 is a pretty easy decision.

I don't think thats as easy as a decision as it seems. The difference is 4 years and $50 mil, that comes to an average of $12.5 mil a year. Im sure the Yankees would be happy to throw that kind of money at him in 6 years.

Did we miss an update from you since your return home from work yesterday?

Nah.

I never saw Teixeira. I did talk to a few Ravens people and a relatively prominent media person who all told me that Teixeira was in fact there.

Who knows. Seems like we go through this stuff at least once an offseason, huh?

Just remember Belkast said we'd be hearing a bunch of negative things. Our offer was supposedly more than 200 million. That's 50+ million more than the Sux are offering.

It's gonna be awfully hard for Tex to turn that down to go to Boston.

It seems to me that Boras is loving people like Belkast spreading rumors that his client might be getting offers of $200 mil or more. Is the OH a pawn of Boras? :scratchchinhmm: :mwahaha:

I'm probably going to be posting less here during the day than I was last week. Stupid job. :P

Well at least your residing full time in the Teixeira thread "du jour" has limited your poll threads. :D

I'm not sure what to think at this point. Usually when Sonny/Belkast and assorted others are hearing something, there's at least some truth to it. Where there's smoke there's fire, and all of that. And I'm not surprised that if this signing is on track, and things are going ok, that it's going slowly. AM has been shown to be methodical almost to a fault, and a signing of this magnitude probably wouldn't be rushed anyway.

That said, the extreme divide between what we hear from our insiders vs what everyone else in the national media suggest is troubling. I'm not sure that details of our pursuit wouldn't be leaked by someone. They usually are.

So I'm hopeful we sign Tex, but I wouldn't say confident at this point.

Archived