The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time to move on' date=' we are being played. If you havent figured it out by now.[/quote']

Considering:

a) The negotiating experience they've had throughout their lives, both individually and jointly,

b) The settings in which they gained that experience,

c) And that they just went through Boras negotiations earlier this year with Arrieta (that went down to the wire) and Wieters (that cut as close as possible it is to cut),

I don't think MacPhail and Angelos are going to get played in this situation. They're not exactly babes in the woods, and I think they'd know it if they saw it. If they thought that was what was happening, they'd have probably publicly announced they were dropping out by now.

They also have to realize the interest the fans have in this signing, and what the questions from the media will be like if they don't sign him. I'm not saying it's going to be adversarial, but they are probably going to have to provide more details on the negotiations than they've ever provided before, in any situation.

I will chime in again. PGA and Tex did have a meeting over the weekend. I'm sure you all will speculate what,where,when, why, and probably how!!!

We have put out the "wow offer". My understanding is it is in the hands of Tex now. Does he want to come or not?????

I am thinking we will have a answer in the next couple of days.

Am I still extremely opimistic????? YES

I have to be honest with you, buddy. The fact that the WOW offer is in Tex's hands and he's not an Oriole already. Well, it's got me worried. :(

Just food for thought: if the players' association was going to put heat on CC to take the Yanks incredible offer why wouldn't they do the same for Tex? So, if the Orioles have offered way more money than any other team, why not put the heat on Tex like they were going to with CC? Discuss

Thanks Belkast.

OK. Now that our money is on the table, Boras has go to each of the teams in the bidding and tell them they were beaten and "would you like to make another offer?"

So we should know something by the end of the week?

I have to be honest with you, buddy. The fact that the WOW offer is in Tex's hands and he's not an Oriole already. Well, it's got me worried. :(

Me too. If he truly WANTS to be here, AND he is holding the WOW offer, then there SHOULD be no more holdups. The only holdup I can see is he's going to Boston. :002_scry:

We now have a Mark Texeira Watch I,II,III and the infamous "Now Hear This, Now Hear This" threads which have no doubt reached epic proportions and stirred up the frenzy of O's fans all around the nation. :D

Is there some way that a link to these threads could be sent to Mark Texeira or to the Warehouse to share with Tex. That way he can truly see just how much O's fans really want him here. I mean who would not be impacted to some extent by the amount of passion and pure pandamonium that has generated within the past few days. Emotions have run high and I mean geeze some people have even been banned over this. This is some CLASSIC stuff. :laughlol:

I guarantee you, Tex won't find this type of maniacal devotion from Boston or Anaheim. Only O's fans can provide this depth of appreciation and lunacy for his services. :) That's what 11 years of losing can do for you. Yet there is hope for the future and Tex could be a big part of that. So let's help him realize that.

So what do you think? Can it be done? :confused:

Me too. If he truly WANTS to be here, AND he is holding the WOW offer, then there SHOULD be no more holdups. The only holdup I can see is he's going to Boston. :002_scry:

I don't think that's necessarily true. If he's got the "wow" offer, it would dumb of him to not let the other teams try and top it.

Archived