The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody "knows" anything right now. There's too many conflicting reports.

Exactly. Some website report the Sox made no offer, and others claim 6/150. Some say we haven't made any, others claim 7/150. Roch thinks Tex wasn't there yesterday, people reported seeing him with their own eyes.

This is madness!

Just food for thought: if the players' association was going to put heat on CC to take the Yanks incredible offer why wouldn't they do the same for Tex? So, if the Orioles have offered way more money than any other team, why not put the heat on Tex like they were going to with CC? Discuss

Good point. The only difference that I can think of is that the Yankees offer was public knowledge. The Orioles offer, as well as everyone elses, seems to all be speculation at this point.

Me too. If he truly WANTS to be here, AND he is holding the WOW offer, then there SHOULD be no more holdups. The only holdup I can see is he's going to Boston. :002_scry:

Remember, no major Boras client has ever taken less money, or so the story goes. If he signs with Boston, I'm real curious about the final dollar amount.

Good point. The only difference that I can think of is that the Yankees offer was public knowledge. The Orioles offer, as well as everyone elses, seems to all be speculation at this point.

True, hadn't thought about that. But makes you wonder if there are some forces working behind the scenes slowing things down. Just seems to be a lot of drama over one player signing. :D

Not liking this anymore. Had a good feeling going into the weekend and a good one yesterday with Hank's confirmation that he was at the game.

Dunno, don't feel like it'll happen anymore. SG is right, the longer it drags out, the less likely it'll happen for us.

Totally,

The ball has been in Tex's court for a about a week now. The Orioles are a tough sell when compared to the allure of the win-now cities of Boston, Anaheim and New York.

we can talk to him about home-town heroics and being a crown jewel of an up-and-coming team with Jones, Markakis, Matusz, Tillman and Arrieta. And all of those things are right and good. None of that is false or trying to put him in a bad position.

But we will not win next year with him, most likely. We are at least another year or two away with the rosiest of predictions and two years in an athlete's life is an eternity.

Are people like Buster Olney out of line with glib comment about how we shouldn't be at the table yeah I think they are. If the Orioles, Nationals, Reds or anyone wants to try to improve their team they have a right and an obligation to do whatever it takes.

But it is now in Tex's hands. We have made our best case, we have done or job. No one has any reason to complain about the Orioles' effort in this matter, but the deck has been stacked against them in this one we can't make Tex sign here.

Not liking this anymore. Had a good feeling going into the weekend and a good one yesterday with Hank's confirmation that he was at the game.

Dunno, don't feel like it'll happen anymore. SG is right, the longer it drags out, the less likely it'll happen for us.

I agree, especially with a "wow offer" on the table.

True, hadn't thought about that. But makes you wonder if there are some forces working behind the scenes slowing things down. Just seems to be a lot of drama over one player signing. :D

Definitely. We were all psyched yesterday when we learned that he ate lunch at the Hilton. :laughlol:

Anyway, for all we know, Tex has comes to terms with Baltimore. Or Boston. Or the Nats. Who knows? Like many have said, everything is pure speculation at this point. Even when you look at the media reports, some say he has been offered X amount by one team. And then the next report says he hasn't.

I have to admit, this is fun, regardless. When this all comes to an end, I don't know what I'm gonna do. :laughlol:

The lack of manical devotion from Boston fans only has them taking over Camden Yards everytime the Sox are in town

That is a true travesty and the blame hangs over the head of O's fans and team management for even allowing that to happen.

However, Sox nation is maniacal over the Sox team period. Tex to the Sox would just be another mercenary type player to help the Sox win. I doubt their fans are spending as much time obsessing and devoting threads to sign him. If so they are not to the magnitude of what O's fans are posting. If Sox don't land Tex they are still contenders so they are not as emotionally invested in acquiring his services.

OK' date=' we have Belkast saying that Texiera and Angelos meet this weekend, The WOW offer is on the table, and still Tex hasnt made a decision!!!!!!!!! What more does the HOMETOWN BOY WANT!!!!! Simply doesnt look good.[/quote']

Possibly. But I think it's also possible that he's just taking his time. He really has no reason to hurry up and sign a deal. He's the big fish in the pond. He knows it. Boras knows it. Everyone in MLB knows it. I just don't see the advantage of him jumping on any deal at the moment, especially if they are all in the same ballpark. Which very well could be the case.

I started a thread on a Tex idea but I will also post it here since this is the hot thread and all...

We now have a Mark Texeira Watch I,II,III and the infamous "Now Hear This, Now Hear This" threads which have no doubt reached epic proportions and stirred up the frenzy of O's fans all around the nation.

Is there some way that a link to these threads could be sent to Mark Texeira or to the Warehouse to share with Tex. That way he can truly see just how much O's fans really want him here. I mean who would not be impacted to some extent by the amount of passion and pure pandamonium that has generated within the past few days. Emotions have run high and I mean geeze some people have even been banned over this. This is some CLASSIC stuff.

I guarantee you, Tex won't find this type of maniacal devotion from Boston or Anaheim. Only O's fans can provide this depth of appreciation and lunacy for his services. That's what 11 years of losing can do for you. Yet there is hope for the future and Tex could be a big part of that. So let's help him realize that.

So what do you think? Can it be done?

I started a thread on a Tex idea but I will also post it here since this is the hot thread and all...

We now have a Mark Texeira Watch I,II,III and the infamous "Now Hear This, Now Hear This" threads which have no doubt reached epic proportions and stirred up the frenzy of O's fans all around the nation.

Is there some way that a link to these threads could be sent to Mark Texeira or to the Warehouse to share with Tex. That way he can truly see just how much O's fans really want him here. I mean who would not be impacted to some extent by the amount of passion and pure pandamonium that has generated within the past few days. Emotions have run high and I mean geeze some people have even been banned over this. This is some CLASSIC stuff.

I guarantee you, Tex won't find this type of maniacal devotion from Boston or Anaheim. Only O's fans can provide this depth of appreciation and lunacy for his services. That's what 11 years of losing can do for you. Yet there is hope for the future and Tex could be a big part of that. So let's help him realize that.

So what do you think? Can it be done?

You can say that:laughlol: The Red Soxs version of OH only has 29 threads about Tex... we do that in 1 hour:rofl:

Archived