The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

I started a thread on a Tex idea but I will also post it here since this is the hot thread and all...

We now have a Mark Texeira Watch I,II,III and the infamous "Now Hear This, Now Hear This" threads which have no doubt reached epic proportions and stirred up the frenzy of O's fans all around the nation.

Is there some way that a link to these threads could be sent to Mark Texeira or to the Warehouse to share with Tex. That way he can truly see just how much O's fans really want him here. I mean who would not be impacted to some extent by the amount of passion and pure pandamonium that has generated within the past few days. Emotions have run high and I mean geeze some people have even been banned over this. This is some CLASSIC stuff.

I guarantee you, Tex won't find this type of maniacal devotion from Boston or Anaheim. Only O's fans can provide this depth of appreciation and lunacy for his services. That's what 11 years of losing can do for you. Yet there is hope for the future and Tex could be a big part of that. So let's help him realize that.

So what do you think? Can it be done?

Did you just hijack this thread?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe in three years, it would make sense for the Orioles to consider such an enormous contract. But not now, not when both teams are miles away from contending, not when they need a whole lot more than Teixeira.

I don't get quotes like these from the Buster Olney article that was linked to here.

Putting aside the fact that "miles away from contending" seems like an overstatement, if a good player is available and that player will still be a big time contributor when the team is ready to contend, why not go after him now? I'd rather get Tex if we can now then wait until we have our young core in place before picking up whatever 1B happens to be available that off season.

I understand the logic that you don't waste money on big free agent signings when you are far away from contending because it ties up too much money in one player and can take the focus away from building a solid, young core. However, there is no reason not to believe a team can't make a signing like Tex, continue building the core, and have him around when they are reading to contend. Somewhere along the way, the warning against signing a big free agent when the rest of the team isn't good turned into the hardfast rule of "you should never sign a big money free agent unless you can contend next year." It doesn't make sense to me.

I started a thread on a Tex idea but I will also post it here since this is the hot thread and all...

We now have a Mark Texeira Watch I,II,III and the infamous "Now Hear This, Now Hear This" threads which have no doubt reached epic proportions and stirred up the frenzy of O's fans all around the nation.

Is there some way that a link to these threads could be sent to Mark Texeira or to the Warehouse to share with Tex. That way he can truly see just how much O's fans really want him here. I mean who would not be impacted to some extent by the amount of passion and pure pandamonium that has generated within the past few days. Emotions have run high and I mean geeze some people have even been banned over this. This is some CLASSIC stuff.

I guarantee you, Tex won't find this type of maniacal devotion from Boston or Anaheim. Only O's fans can provide this depth of appreciation and lunacy for his services. That's what 11 years of losing can do for you. Yet there is hope for the future and Tex could be a big part of that. So let's help him realize that.

So what do you think? Can it be done?

I think he would be TERRIFIED if he knew how much we have obsessed over him for the past 3 years! :eektf:

Honestly, I feel the same as Moose. When I started reading the other threads, I was pumped because I felt we had a fighting chance this time around. But, now that Belkast has said that the "WOW" offer is in Tex's hands and he hasn't decided yet makes me nervous. Then again, it was a big weekend in Baltimore with the Ravens going for broke basically against the Steelers and also the fact that Tex probably wants to talk to his family about this entire thing gives me that calming effect that comes with the eye of the hurricane. I still have hope that Tex signs with us. Hopefully, we will hear something by the end of the week.

Tex probably want to the game after his meeting with PA. But if the WOW offer is on the table and he hasn't signed with us (I don't think he will) in the next few days, he's not comming.

I'm sure he would discuss the offer over with his family, and agent before making a decision. I do agree with Belkast, that a decision might be made in the next couple of days. I think right now, we are just in a wait and see mode. And personally, I think we are out bidding ourselves. I don't think Tex wants to play for either LA, or Wash. and I think the Sox offer, if there is one, isn't even close to ours.

If I had to bet every dime in my bank account as to what is currently happening, Scott Boras is on the phone with every other interested party, relaying the O's offer, and seeing if anyone will beat it.

If someone beats it, Boras comes back to us at which time PA says "Thanks but no thanks, you have our 'wow' offer."

If nobody beats it, Tex wears Orange and Black next year.

Please be advised I'm basing this off of zero insider information... ;-)

If I had to bet every dime in my bank account as to what is currently happening, Scott Boras is on the phone with every other interested party, relaying the O's offer, and seeing if anyone will beat it.

If someone beats it, Boras comes back to us at which time PA says "Thanks but no thanks, you have our 'wow' offer."

If nobody beats it, Tex wears Orange and Black next year.

Please be advised I'm basing this off of zero insider information... ;-)

I agree people are reacting too much to every piece of information posted. We don't even know if it was given to him saturday or sunday. He would probably like to take time to discuss over with his family and agent. If it is over 10/200 and no one counters it he should be an Oriole.

Olney is right.

He is right only if signing Tex prevents the development in the minor leagues, draft, etc... I don't think it has to be an either/or scenario. The revenue stream is there to be tapped if necessary. Plus if I were Peter's age, I would try to go all in to win too. What is the point otherwise?

"Here Mark, here's a binder filled with quotes from a messageboard."

Yeah, I think crazy is the top one or two adjectives for that idea.

Considering that was post 666 for you I will consider the source. :D

Seriously, I already know its crazy but what could it hurt? Presentation is everything--binder filled with quotes from a message board vs. a small show of the enthusiasm of our fan base.

You know, combined with what Roy said about a 9 or 10 year offer cementing Tex's hometown want to play for the Os and Belkast's speculation that we have offered the WOW offer, I think this does sound good for the Orioles. I always look at things with a glass half full point of view, even with the Orioles. Go Os!

Archived