The attendance thread 2022

Frobby

4 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Well it's really $21.25 if you order your ticket in advance online (which most people do) since if you go through Orioles.com, there is the $3 Baltimore fee + the $6.25 ticket fee, with the 'ticket fee' the thing that agitates me the most. You're charging me for the privilege to be charged for a ticket that you're selling. It really gives me pause everytime I go to a game.

This too.  The “Fees” are ridiculous and they’ve effectively shut down (discouraged?) day of game box office sales….which don’t charge the fees.  They used to have a “quick sale” stand for upper deck tix that made it incredibly easy if you weren’t overly picky about location.

Back on the few thing…I sort of get it if there’s a “per order” fee of $5 or whatever.  But the per ticket thing is just ridiculous.   

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Well it's really $21.25 if you order your ticket in advance online (which most people do) since if you go through Orioles.com, there is the $3 Baltimore fee + the $6.25 ticket fee, with the 'ticket fee' the thing that agitates me the most. You're charging me for the privilege to be charged for a ticket that you're selling. It really gives me pause everytime I go to a game.

Absurd fees and unfriendly box office. Ticks me off too. Friendly Boog perched at the BBQ Stand somewhat makes up for it.

Edited by LA2

1 hour ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Have you been going to a lot of games in the past several years? Because having an entire section to yourself like you could in the last 2-3 years sure makes seats seem roomier!

That is all to say I have no idea the dimensions in comparison to other parks, but given Camden Yards is 30 years old I imagine the seats are probably smaller than one of the newer parks built in the last few years. I'm 6'2 and I can only sit in the end seats with any level of comfort because of leg room. 

I was working in the org at the minor league level for the last 3 years so had no opportunity to go to big league games

Have said this many times..the Orioles have averaged about 3k walk up for at least the last 20 years.

Ticket sales are largely based off of Season tickets and those are sold before the season ever starts.

So, which play was last night on?  Chances are, it’s one of the least purchased plans.  

I've been to 3 games this year and will be going to the Astros game on the 24th. I live in DE and am a high school football coach, so with summer workouts and 7v7 games, I don't have a ton of available night.

The one thing I have noticed is that some of the rows have less leg room than others. I sat in section 24 last month and had to sit almost sideways. I am 6'2.

I'm hoping the bigger crowds will continue. Makes the atmosphere so much better.

59 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I don’t know if that a good or bad crowd.  It seems low for being weekend game and in the wild card race.  However it is Labor Day weekend and many people have plans already and I doubt many thought Orioles would be anywhere near a playoff race to make a plan for trip to Camden.  

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I don’t know if that a good or bad crowd.  It seems low for being weekend game and in the wild card race.  However it is Labor Day weekend and many people have plans already and I doubt many thought Orioles would be anywhere near a playoff race to make a plan for trip to Camden.  

It’s not awful. Like you said people had plans. I think tomorrow will be pretty good. 

This off-season they should pick up some sales. 

30 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I don’t buy the “it’s Labor Day weekend” excuse. This isn’t Thanksgiving or Christmas where tons of people are out of town. 19,000 for a weekend game for a team that’s in the hunt is a bad turnout. 

I don’t think many people were out of town but they may have cookouts or family coming over.  We live in North Carolina right off Lake Norman and I can tell you Labor Day weekend there are probably 5 times as many boats on the water this weekend then a normal summer weekend.  Yesterday the traffic was like I have never seen it with so many people around at stores, gas stations filling up boats, and restaurants.   This is the last big weekend of the summer for tourism here.  

• Upvote 1

Went with a tall friend last night, and we noticed that the upper deck (behind home plate) had roomier seats then the nicer ones behind the dugouts. This is in part due to the lack of cuphders. 

Last couple of times I’ve gone, I’ve walked up and bought tickets to save on the fees. Saturday night had a much larger walk up crowd, and I wish they had had more ticket windows open, though I understand the staffing issue.

$15 saved in fees = beer money 

• Upvote 1