Means to Have TJ surgery

TonySoprano

This is what Roch wrote yesterday.You can smell that the team made him come up with this ridiculousness  

Roch update about Means. I guess the team let him release this. Not sure what he means lined up? Surgeons are sent the MRI and read the report and make recommendations.

What’s the latest with Means?

Means is getting other opinions. Doctors’ schedules didn’t line up in ideal fashion, so there’s been some dead time. The Orioles aren’t announcing a final decision because it hasn’t been made. They’re trying to get as much of a consensus as possible. Probably early next week.

When an athlete is getting other opinions, it’s obvious as to what is going on. They don’t like what they heard so they’re going to keep trying to find someone that will tell them what they want to hear.  That’s basic human nature, just tuning into whatever you want to hear and ignoring the rest. 

But I’m assuming Means and the Orioles couldn’t find any dissenting opinions from the first thing they heard. 

Oh well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

When an athlete is getting other opinions, it’s obvious as to what is going on. They don’t like what they heard so they’re going to keep trying to find someone that will tell them what they want to hear.  That’s basic human nature, just tuning into whatever you want to hear and ignoring the rest. 

But I’m assuming Means and the Orioles couldn’t find any dissenting opinions from the first thing they heard. 

Oh well. 

How is Dean Kremer? 10 day IL over two  weeks ago.

Just now, Going Underground said:

How is Dean Kremer? 10 day IL over two  weeks ago.

Don’t know, don’t care. Not to sound too callous but I don’t think Dean Kremer was in anyone’s plans this year or moving forward after this year. He kind of pitched his way out of being considered a piece for the future. 

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Means signed at a discount on a two or three year deal isn’t the same as overpaying Davis for seven years. 

I like Means a lot, but I would not extend him now.   I want to see how he looks when he returns.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Don’t know, don’t care. Not to sound too callous but I don’t think Dean Kremer was in anyone’s plans this year or moving forward after this year. He kind of pitched his way out of being considered a piece for the future. 

Yup….I started off the Dean Kremer 2021 thread stating I was most excited to see him in that upcoming season. 

And then, I wasn’t.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

TJ isn’t the risk it once was.

Do you have evidence on this?   Obviously not the risk of 40 years ago, but what is the experience in the last 10?  I have no idea.   Our recent experience has been Bundy and Harvey, who had multiple other problems after their TJ.  In Means’ case, he’s had shoulder issues that have cost him 5-8 starts a year before this latest problem.   I’d say the odds are against him ever throwing 150+ innings in a year.   

That’s not to say I wouldn’t consider a deal that had some upside for us.  SG suggested 3/$13 mm with an option.   Something like that might be OK.