ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Sorry I haven't bee active today. I pm'd Belkast and Peace about 11am this morning after I rec'd a text that Tex was suppose to be in the Warehouse today. All hell then broke loose on the board. After I got out of arbitration I contacted him back and was tiold to the best of his knowledge he was not there today. Lots of speculation about the contract being done with the exception of a opt out, no trade, and the amt of the signing bonus (upfront money). He felt Boston was still very much a player here so don't assume it's a done deal.

The pitching aspect of the team is also picking up steam. We've targeted no less than 8 players for the three open slots we'll fill. We're in play for both players from Japan and would welcome both. He still hasn't been able to figure out the player we're looking to trade for.

All in all it sounded like a very uplifting day in the Warehouse as well as OH.

Let's hope we can get this thing done.

Good to hear the boys are hard at work. Sounds great.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but I'm a long time viewer. This Teixeira soap opera has my wife convinced I'm up to no good. I finally had to explain to her what all the fuss was about. She can't comprehend grown men acting the way we have for days now. But it has been entertaining.

You sir...are not alone. I believe there is a support group for significant others of OH members. :D

Welcome to the board and enjoy!

Sorry I haven't bee active today. I pm'd Belkast and Peace about 11am this morning after I rec'd a text that Tex was suppose to be in the Warehouse today. All hell then broke loose on the board. After I got out of arbitration I contacted him back and was tiold to the best of his knowledge he was not there today. Lots of speculation about the contract being done with the exception of a opt out, no trade, and the amt of the signing bonus (upfront money). He felt Boston was still very much a player here so don't assume it's a done deal.

The pitching aspect of the team is also picking up steam. We've targeted no less than 8 players for the three open slots we'll fill. We're in play for both players from Japan and would welcome both. He still hasn't been able to figure out the player we're looking to trade for.

Ive felt all along these are the areas where the O's can really beat out Boston. An opt out is a terrible idea, but its something Boston would definitely not do - Epstein said as much recently talking in regards to the Sabathia deal. Boston also doesnt give out no trades - though, ironically, they did make an exception for Mike Lowell... the guy they would have to trade if they did lose Tex.

Since the O's could basically never trade Tex anyway they neednt have reservations about a no trade. Opt out clauses can screw you pretty badly, but if they give in on that they might overcome a higher monetary offer from Boston even...

It sounds like Boras is calling for final offers...

but I'm a long time viewer. This Teixeira soap opera has my wife convinced I'm up to no good. I finally had to explain to her what all the fuss was about. She can't comprehend grown men acting the way we have for days now. But it has been entertaining.

I read your post to my wife, and she stated your wife can't understand because we men are f****** brain dead.

woot! :)

letters

Archived