ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Ravech has said that Tex really likes the Orioles for a number of family reasons... other than that no new info. Have there been any insider posts that I missed during the "Great Crash"?

Having his small children living close to his parents is one heck of a competitive advantage for the Os in this contest.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the one thing that scares me. If he said he is "attracted" to the Orioles- either he's coming here- or in a total dip move- he's using us to push the price again from the "contenders." I can't see him doing that to Baltimore though, I really can't. I'm feeling confident.

I just can't see Boras allowing a statement like this to be attributed to Tex without their being a motive. Honestly, I would probably feel better if he would have stated that he was extremely interested in winning now at this point in the negotiations. To me it is more likely that he is trying to scare Boston into thinking he wants to come to Balt and considering there were new reports about us dropping out.

Who knows. I just think Boras is a very smart guy.

The mere thought of starting a game with Roberts leading off with great OBP and baserunning, followed by Nick Markakis's huge bat and speed, followed by Huff clubbing one off the right field score board, followed by Tex dumping one clear over the jumbotron, followed by Luke Scott putting one right into the flag court, followed by Matt Wieters mashing the cover off the ball... that gives me the HEEBIE JEEBIES. If Jones ever found his power stroke...

And it's not like Mora is terrible either. Maybe Izturis will get a single.

:pelvicthrust:

What makes it unbearable is the sheer optimism from Belkast and then Roch and Schmuck continuing to give it all a big "meh". Nothing against those guys, they do good work, I'm just saying.... damnit, sign him, thats all I'm saying.

yeah, I don't know if I should be up or down. Trying to temper the enthusiam.

I keep seeing the 10/230 level that JTrea has been posting for months in my head. It seems like he might end up right (or close to it).

What makes it unbearable is the sheer optimism from Belkast and then Roch and Schmuck continuing to give it all a big "meh". Nothing against those guys, they do good work, I'm just saying.... damnit, sign him, thats all I'm saying.

Exactly.

Plus the MLB section has that aforementioned "Bird Watching" thing on their MLB page.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Had to limit the server.. People are blowing us away.. Members only now for a while. Be glad you signed up as a member. It will be plus members only next if it gets too bad.. The server is not set up for over 1100 people at a time to be on this thing....

Archived