ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To clarify, by "vetted" we mean that the source has been revealed to a member of the staff and the determination was made that it's reasonable to believe said source would probably be "in the know". By no means does "vetted" mean "determined to be absolutely 100% accurate and reliable."

I think over the last two years the staff here has made it clear that buyers should beware. The game of baseball information is a volatile one. Things change so quickly that what seemed off the wall and far-fetched 10 minutes ago might now be waiting for the ink to dry.

It's not an exact science and there's no way to be mostly right with insider information let alone perfect. Anything presented as "insider info" here (or anywhere else for that matter) should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's worth mentioning that the intent behind the whole vetting process is to try and prevent this place from becoming chock-full of wild rumors and unfounded speculation. I have no doubt that over the years a handful of alleged insiders came forward with information that was legit, but because their sources were along the lines of "my mom's friends' cousin's brother's nephew", it either did cause or would have caused more trouble than it was worth. The entire community here is better served if said insider just keeps the info to themselves.

/insider info rant

Absolute right. By no means have we ever said, or will we ever say that everything said by the "insiders" is going to be 100 percent accurate. All of them are getting information from someone else and we've all played that game where you whisper something to someone next to you and by the time it gets to the end of the room it's completely different.

Take everything you read with a grain of salt and have fun with it. If you notice, there are some previous "insiders" who are no longer posting inside stuff because they either loss their source or we've asked them to stick to posting as a fan.

If Teix signs today this will be the greatest day in Baltimore sports since Kyle Boller's season ending injury.

Sign this man...I don't care if we win right away, I just want to be entertained. Having a ridiculously stacked lineup will keep me interested even if our pitching is garbage.

Wow, I understand your excitement for Tex, but being happy about a Baltimore playing being injured? Come on now? :rolleyes:

Would any of you adult lawyers care to explain individual federal income tax law to a lowly 3L who has a final tomorrow at 1:30?

hah:D

Blah blah above the line deductions blah blah gross up blah blah adjusted basis...

Sorry that's all I remember. ;)

Archived