How close are Grayson and Bradish to a call up?

wildcard

1 minute ago, Jammer7 said:

Yes, that is true that there will always be adjustments to be made. In their development plans, they have identified what benchmarks they believe need to be met to be successful to be promoted to each level. They believe that this progression is necessary to be the most successful player they are capable of being. He wants their confidence to be reinforced by being the most prepared player they can be.

I think this is a dogmatic way of doing things that may not be necessary for some elite players. The players they draft are players they believe will respond best to their ways of doing things.

For decades, smart Orioles fans have wanted people in charge who knew how to build a sustainable winner. We wanted a guy with a real plan, and strong people around him, who can get the organization to all pull on the same rope, in the same direction. We finally get it, and so many fans are critical because he sticks to his plan. I don’t know what else to say, honestly. 

Four years in and I still don't see how this plan leads to the playoffs.

Do you?

I've been wondering for a while if that was the actual goal of the plan.

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I am curious though on the plan is to get Rutschman ready for MLB.

I think it could be as soon as two weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's four to five weeks before AR's major league debut with him being a rookie. 

Someone said that one week at Aberdeen,another week at Bowie and then a week at Norfolk .Depends on health of course

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Four years in and I still don't see how this plan leads to the playoffs.

Do you?

I've been wondering for a while if that was the actual goal of the plan.

I am not sure what else to tell you that would enlighten you. But of course, there is nothing I can say that would alleviate your need to find fault. Not even wasting my time. Enjoy the season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jammer7 said:

I am not sure what else to tell you that would enlighten you. But of course, there is nothing I can say that would alleviate your need to find fault. Not even wasting my time. Enjoy the season. 

You could explain to me how the O's are going to have the pitching they'll need to compete.

I don't see this roster coming together and winning in the AL East.

The plan we have seen so far could just as easily just be about keeping payroll low.

I think right now most everyone (myself most definitely included) are anxious to see the young guys in the Majors and are a bit frustrated with the slow pace of promotions. I think once we see Rodriguez and Rutschman in the Majors and showing signs of promise and once we see others take their lumps and (hopefully) show bright spots such as Stowers, Bradish, Hall, etc. we will start to see more optimism on this board. Some people are skeptical and pessimistic by nature and that's fine, but the overall attitude of the fan base shifts a bit this year as the second-half team is hopefully going to be a bit more fun to watch than the current one (though I must say, they've at least shown some solid fight so far). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

The depth of pessimism is breathtaking.  Yes we suck.  Yes our ownership shines only when compared to say...the Washington Red...er...Commanders or whatever.

But the number of people who seem to believe that the Elias makes decisions to lose and hurt the organization...intentionally.

I don't know if Elias' plan will be successful.  I think this year should be the year we begin to reap some actual benefits from an analytics team.  The organization should begin to show signs of life.  Is there room for criticism?  Of course.

I am glad they tore it down to rebuild.  I did not expect to compete for playoffs in 2022 when this started.  I did hope to be a winning team.  But when this started I didn't see a year plus of minor league ball disappearing due to covid.

It does take work to find things to like.  But it appears that there is a genuine effort to build an organization that can compete longterm in the AL East, and perhaps a team that is ripe for purchase by a new owner.  That's not sexy...but it is eminently more enjoyable than what we got while "going for it" in 2018.

I am not anointing Elias as a savior or even an expert and he may in fact never be successful.  But standing around and pissing on each block that is placed as being hopeless and unworthy just seems....well unseemly.  Every minor league team is pretty stacked.  And Elias has literally said prior to this year that they were not focusing on ML wins.  We can not like what he says, but he is doing exactly what he said he would do.

I would have thought that last year would be the time to begin assessing performance.  But with covid, I am fine beginning that assessment after this year.  

Are there questions?  Of course.  Does ownership care?  Are they simply holding on till the old man dies?  Are we ever going to draft pitching?  Will we ever trade for something that is usable now?  Will we ever sign a FA that someone else wants?  

The current pace of the '22 O's would land at 57 wins.  (6-11 .353). In 2020 they won 52, or 30 games from a non losing season.  I'd like to see that number cut in half, so for me the goal is or should be about 67 wins.  Not many predict that but that is where I am.  So with 145 games left that would be .420 baseball or 61 wins.  And I would say a 3-5 game window on the season would seem reasonable.  

Just my ramblings...

Elias did say in his quotes from the Washington Post article by  Chelsea Janes that Baltimore is a small market and probably won't by signing any big name free agents 

In those days, he said, the Orioles could skimp on international investments or even player development and make up for it with a big signing here and there. But with the Nationals nearby, a small market and “a division with three other beasts and arguably the best-run franchise in the sport for the last 14 years,” he said, “we are going to need to have an internal pipeline that is thriving at all times.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

he should be coming up, be utterly stupid if he wasnt at this point. However I am fully prepared for them to go full Orioles and have him only pitch 4 innings while giving up a couple runs and then they send him right back down 

25 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I think right now most everyone (myself most definitely included) are anxious to see the young guys in the Majors and are a bit frustrated with the slow pace of promotions. I think once we see Rodriguez and Rutschman in the Majors and showing signs of promise and once we see others take their lumps and (hopefully) show bright spots such as Stowers, Bradish, Hall, etc. we will start to see more optimism on this board. Some people are skeptical and pessimistic by nature and that's fine, but the overall attitude of the fan base shifts a bit this year as the second-half team is hopefully going to be a bit more fun to watch than the current one (though I must say, they've at least shown some solid fight so far). 

Exactly! When you look around the AL East it's not hard to see how much work needs to be done. Most of us would just like to see some signs of life.