How close are Grayson and Bradish to a call up?

wildcard

43 minutes ago, wildcard said:

What is fun about watching Harvey pitch?

I think I'd rather watch Harvey than Ellis just for the pure morbid fascination of watching yet another attempt at a comeback. Thankfully, though, Harvey isn't nearly stretched out enough to be in line as an Ellis replacement. It will be Bradish. It must be. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I think I'd rather watch Harvey than Ellis just for the pure morbid fascination of watching yet another attempt at a comeback. Thankfully, though, Harvey isn't nearly stretched out enough to be in line as an Ellis replacement. It will be Bradish. It must be. 

Elias said, slow your roll. He's willing to let a prospect get an AARP discount before he calls them up.

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Not a fan of Harvey but it is an enormous stretch to say he contributed to another player's death.

Why, he was supplying drugs to several players including the Angels player that died.  It just so happened that he didn't supply the drugs that player overdosed on.

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Why, he was supplying drugs to several players including the Angels player that died.  It just so happened that he didn't supply the drugs that player overdosed on.

I'm guessing here but I think a player handing out excess painkillers to teammates is a pretty common occurrence.  Just like it is in the rest of the world.

I've been offered Oxy from friends/family.  Have you?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm guessing here but I think a player handing out excess painkillers to teammates is a pretty common occurrence.  Just like it is in the rest of the world.

I've been offered Oxy from friends/family.  Have you?

Not sure why they just focused on the Angels employee, since Harvey was also distributing drugs.  I haven't heard that any other player was distributing drugs.  So if the player overdosed on the drugs that Harvey gave him, it would have been no big deal?

28 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If I run a bar and I sell you a beer on Tuesday and then on Friday you go to a completely different bar, get drunk and get in your car and kill someone, have I contributed to your vehicular manslaughter?

In this situation it may be more analogous to argue that the beer that you bought on Friday was tainted and caused you to become more impaired than you otherwise would have. Am I, who sold you non-tainted beer on Tuesday responsible for that?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Not sure why they just focused on the Angels employee, since Harvey was also distributing drugs.  I haven't heard that any other player was distributing drugs.  So if the player overdosed on the drugs that Harvey gave him, it would have been no big deal?

Not to me.

Unless of course he was misrepresenting what he was handing out.

Have you not had a friend/family member offer you prescription drugs?

I had it happen last night.  Wasn't anything as potentially dangerous as a painkiller but still.

They focused on the one employee because they needed a scapegoat.

Anyway probably best to end my participation in this topic before we start violating board rules.

12 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

If I run a bar and I sell you a beer on Tuesday and then on Friday you go to a completely different bar, get drunk and get in your car and kill someone, have I contributed to your vehicular manslaughter?

If you knew that the person in question was a regular drunk driver, I'd say you contributed, although not to the level of legal culpability. 

48 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If you knew that the person in question was a regular drunk driver, I'd say you contributed, although not to the level of legal culpability. 

If I have a cookout and provide alcohol at said cookout and you decide to drink more than your body can handle and you go home (by Uber or Lyft) and we’re to have alcohol poisoning or throw up in your sleep on your back and choke to death should I be charged for your death? 

Just because someone offers something we all have the responsibility of taking it on our own. It’s sad to see someone that young go but the cruel thing about life is sometimes it’s our own fault.