28 to 26 cutdown 48 hours away

Just Regular

This combined with Pitchers getting an extra month for Teams to keep 14 - today and tomorrow might be it for a lot of bench bats whose MLB jobs will be vanishing next week.

The April respite kind of gave every team some extra time with their trickiest cuts for out of options players...Guardians Bobby Bradley is one I've heard mentioned on a Club famous for hoarding its young guys.

Just as Gutierrez got an everyday tryout in AUG/SEP, I wonder what Nevin playing over him against both Hill and Eovaldi might mean for the upcoming decisions.

I think it's fairly telling that Gutierrez isn't being used as a PH, and Nevin is starting over him. That said I'd be perfectly happy to see Odor/Owings go. Orioles are currently at 14 pitchers, so I think cuts will come from the position guys  

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Has to be Lakins. Watkins is in the rotation at least until Grayson comes up.

Yeah Watkins hasn’t done anything to warrant a demotion. I kind of assumed he’d get lit up tonight but he just keeps giving us a chance to win. 

An interesting wrinkle to this is the Alex Wells is supposed to be out from 8 to 12 weeks.  That means he is eligible to go on the 60 day IL and open a  40 man roster spot.    Elias is not going to leave that spot vacant for long.

21 hours ago, waroriole said:

Yeah Watkins hasn’t done anything to warrant a demotion. I kind of assumed he’d get lit up tonight but he just keeps giving us a chance to win. 

Without looking at any advanced stats or peripherals, Watkins is starting to remind me of Miguel Gonzalez.  Keeping us in games (albeit SSS for SW) and somehow looking okay doing it.  If we can get something resembling Miggy's time in Baltimore out of him, that would be a huge win for them.   Obviously, still too early to expect that in any way, but just my musings.