The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow...Textalk sure is dying down, isn't it. Kinda makes one wonder.... :scratchchinhmm:

that we:

- Signed Him?

- Working on signing him?

- Hung ourselves from our nearest ceiling fan?

- Gave up?

- Got a nasty case of clicker finger from spontaneous F5 refreshing?

I just found this bit of news on RotoWorld ...

Report: Red Sox, Angels offering Tex $180 mil

The source thinks the Nationals are closer to $200 million. Still, the Nats would seem to be right there with the Orioles as long shots in the race. It will probably come down to the Red Sox and Angels, unless the Yankees jump in with a bid to match the top ones on the table. December 18 - 3:34 p.m. ET

Source: SI.com

I didn't see this in this thread so hopefully, I didn't over look this information if it was already posted.

Projected line-up (note: Order subject to change):

1. B-Rob 2B

2. Adam Jones CF

3. Nick Markakis RF

4. Mark Teixeira 1B

5. Aubrey Huff DH

6. Matt Wieters C

7. Luke Scott LF

8. Melvin Mora 3B

9. Cesar Izturis SS

Tell me that's not disgusting... :D

Ok. You know what is disgusting. Our Pitching :wedge:

The source thinks the Nationals are closer to $200 million. Still, the Nats would seem to be right there with the Orioles as long shots in the race. It will probably come down to the Red Sox and Angels, unless the Yankees jump in with a bid to match the top ones on the table. December 18 - 3:34 p.m. ET

I didn't see this in this thread so hopefully, I didn't over look this information if it was already posted.

Boras wants the Yanks to drive up the price for the Sox. Unless Mark is feeling particularly sentimental, I don't know if we are really in this. You don't want any part of a Yanks v. Sox bidding war.

The pain, the pain, make it stop

That's just the Heyman report saying we are 25 to 1 odds of landing him.

Anyone else find it odd that the "story" ESPN had yesterday of the O's dropping out of the Tex race is gone off of the MLB main page? Precursor to something big coming down the pipe???? hmm.... :scratchchinhmm:

Well, because nobody knows. The media, the national media especially will never think we are serious because of our owner and lack of success. We are an afterthought for them. If we do pull this off, to see the likes of Olney and Gammons talk about this will make for some good TV.:)

Archived