Sunday: Game 1 of an old fashioned single admission doubleheader vs KC

SteveA

So unless there’s a walkoff, instead of saving one reliever and losing the lead, how many RPs wil we burn now? Destroying any good chance for the second game to be covered or for tomorrow’s day game? Ridiculous move. 

I think Hyde goes with Tate or Perez in the 8th if this was normal game not 1 of 3 in 24 hours.  You don’t want to use up a bunch of games in first game so he was pushing Lyles to get as many outs as possible and if he gave up hit he would bring in Lopez or Perez.

3 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

No, he would have had to face 3 batters. 
Once he gave up the hit, we should have had Tate ready for Perez.

Couldn't he just finish the inning? If it wasn't a good situation for Perez then he shouldn't have been warming up. 

3 minutes ago, justD said:

So unless there’s a walkoff, instead of saving one reliever and losing the lead, how many RPs wil we burn now? Destroying any good chance for the second game to be covered or for tomorrow’s day game? Ridiculous move. 

I am sure if Hyde knew Lyles would give up a bloop, then Lopez give up another bloop then a sac fly he would chose differently.  

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

I think Hyde goes with Tate or Perez in the 8th if this was normal game not 1 of 3 in 24 hours.  You don’t want to use up a bunch of games in first game so he was pushing Lyles to get as many outs as possible and if he gave up hit he would bring in Lopez or Perez.

The point is to win this game. You can’t know what will happen tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, justD said:

Exactly. And it might cost us a win. I'd much rather lock up a win in game 1 even if it burns an extra reliever.