Cardinals series

Just Regular

Looks like we are catching a break with Wainwright on 10-day IL.

RosterResource guessing Bradish will be opposed by Random Filler Angel Rondon in the opener.   This also lines Bradish up to open the next homestand Monday against the Yankees with, ummm... yeah maybe that guy.

Mikolas in middle game...his start to season has been every bit as brilliant as Dylan Bundy's was, but feel like regression almost as certain to come there.

Last game Jordan Hicks undergoing the Garrett Whitlock-Tyler Wells being stretched out thing and has gone 12-10-14-18 Batters Faced in his first four starts.

Cardinals Bats have been pretty Stars and Scrubs opening the year.

I can't say I feel pleasantly like a pre-series favorite as I did with KC for the first time in a long time, but hoping for continued good play.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

RosterResource guessing Bradish will be opposed by Random Filler Angel Rondon in the opener.   This also lines Bradish up to open the next homestand Monday against the Yankees with, ummm... yeah maybe that guy.

Mikolas in middle game...his start to season has been every bit as brilliant as Dylan Bundy's was, but feel like regression almost as certain to come there.

Last game Jordan Hicks undergoing the Garrett Whitlock-Tyler Wells being stretched out thing and has gone 12-10-14-18 Batters Faced in his first four starts.

I can't say I feel pleasantly like a pre-series favorite as I did with KC for the first time in a long time, but hoping for continued good play.

Your last line here is the big thing. Just keep playing good baseball. I just want to see the pitching maintain this good start as long as possible. No huge implosions. Would be great to see Bradish have a nice 5-6 inning start, win or lose. We probably won't have Lopez for that game since he went back to back. Hopefully the defense stays relatively tight and the offense just plugs along. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

The IL went to 15 days for everyone on May 2, didn't it?

Ah... looking at news reports... it's the Covid list, which is shorter.    I don't think it has a set time to it, just negative test to return.   He tested positive but has no symptoms.   But yes, looks like we will miss him.

So we'll only see two of the 40 year old trimumvirate of Wainwright/Molina/Pujols.

So they will have a mystery meat starter and so will we.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Random Filler always scares me. Never fails.

Hyde went with Lopez back to back, so if we are lucky enough to get a save opportunity someone else will get a chance, maybe Tate. 

Haha, I was thinking this too.  The Orioles have historically been awful against "random filler."

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Random Filler always scares me. Never fails.

Hyde went with Lopez back to back, so if we are lucky enough to get a save opportunity someone else will get a chance, maybe Tate. 

I didn't agree with Hyde using Lopez today with a 5-run lead, so hopefully that decision won't come back to haunt them.

Pretty crazy that this is only the Orioles' second trip to St Louis ever, since 1954 when the Browns moved to Baltimore.

2003 was the only other time, and that was old Busch Stadium as the new one didn't open until 2006.  But Albert Pujols was in the lineup then and we'll see him again.

• Like 1