Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tex will likely choose the team he wants to play for and Boras will work the deal with that team...

I disagree. I think he takes what he thinks are the final or best offers from the teams involved and at that point, Tex decides. Boras is soliciting offers from teams like the Yankees who have not even been involved. That is to do all he can to give Tex the best options. Posters keep guessing at the announcemt day and time. It will come after Boras is convinced he has the best for Mark to chose from.

Yet another Tex thread over 1,000 posts routinely without hardly any real solid news updates.

I would say the cliche, "unreal", but it's very real. It's real x 9 (One of the big Tex threads was not assigned a roman numeral).

Come home Tex, we're awaiting.

No I don't mind hating rivals. I misunderstood you though, I thought u were looking down on the red sox posters who were hating on the O's which would have been hypocritical, that's what I was pointing out. Hate away, doesn't bother me.

Pretty much everyone on here accepts that we have perenially sucked for over a decade now, and I don't think anyone on here gets too angry over opposing fans saying so much. (we even comment on it frequently.) My problem with that type of Red Sox fan is how quickly they have forgotten how unsuccessful their team was for the greater part of a century. A lot of Sox fans to me have become like soo many Yankees fans; snooty, stuck up and full of theirselves.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• There is that, but I also think it’s the cumulative wear. All the pitchers hit the wall like two or three weeks ago (assuming their arm held together). The season got longer, the high leverage situations got more, and everyone is throwing like it’s the 7th game of the World Series back in April. The playoffs are now more like the Battle of the Somme than a showcase of excellence.
    • Because he wants Rubenstein to give another interview at a later date.
    • Why do writers say stuff like this? Him speaking some words should convince us he’s serious?  WTF? It proves nothing.    Rubenstein isn’t going to have endless patience and his vow to “speed up the effort” for a World Series should convince the fans that he’s serious about competing    
    • I think some of your numbers are off…That said, the team obviously has a ton of money it can spend both now and long term.  This has always been the case with these guys and why having this cheap young talent allows you to spend big if you so choose.
    • Great work. The thought of Gunnar becoming FA pains me! If we can spend Burnes money I would lean toward Snell but either one would be a nice get by the new owner.
    • I am sure the O's are looking at the next 5 years of their payroll and competitiveness.   Can't spend as much as the big boys but must spend enough to win the WS.  Here's my take what Elias is looking at. Salary in millions. Projections for 2025 from Cots Contracts.                                      25            26           27           28       29 Gunnar SS                  .75              7            14            21       FA Westy  3B/LF              .75              .75            6            12        18 Cowser   LF               .75               .75            5            10        15 Kjerstad RF               .74               .75          .75            5         10 Holliday 2B/SS          .74               .75          .75            5         10 Mayo  1B                  .35               .75          .75            .75       5 Adley    C/DH              6                12           18            FA Basallo   C/1B/DH      -                .74          .75           .75         5 Mullins    CF              8                 FA Bradfield. CF             -                .74           .74           .74         4 Mounty 1B/DH          6.2           Traded next off season O'Hearn   DH/1B        6              Traded in July Mateo   SS/2B/CF    3.3             FA Urias   3B/2B            3              3.5            FA McCann  C                4               FA Rivera 3B/1B/DH       1.5           1.7              2              FA Liv Soto IF                   .25          .74          .75             .75          1.5 Elfin        SP               18             20             20           FA    signed 2/40 GRod    SP                  .75            5             10            15               FA Kremer  SP                3                5             9            FA Suarez   SP/RP         .75             4              7            9                 FA Povich.  SP               .74            .75          .75           4                   8 Bradish  SP                1.6            3              6            FA Wells   SP                   2               4            FA Bautista   RP               1                6            12           FA G Soto      RP            4.5             FA Cano   RP                 .75                3             5             7              FA Coulombe RP           4                 FA Dominguez. RP         8                 FA Perez RP                  2.2              3.5          FA Webb     RP               1.5               3             FA Akin       RP               1.25              3             FA Bowman  RP             1.1               FA Rogers SP/RP            2.5              3.5           FA McDermott  SP/RP    .4               .74           .75          .75         2 Young     SP/RP         .2               .74           .75          .75         1.5  Totals (36 players)   96.57       103.15.      120.74       92.5      80 Sure looks like there is room for 35m a year contract.  6/210 for Burnes. I think the offense needs a change in strategy to get RISP to score.   That is probably the most important addition that can be made for next season's offense.
  • Popular Contributors