Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm flying into Baltimore from L.A. today...here's hoping there's good news when I land.....

Well there is good news....

:)

Several folks in the Baltimore area switched to GEICO over the weekend.

(yawn).....free agency in baseball is SO broken.

While that is true, if the Orioles are holding onto their best offer, and have yet to make it, then it would make sense that no decision has been made yet.

I definitely agree that no final decision has been made yet. But, when the final decision is based on finances, I'll bet on the team with the most expendable income.

LOLOL.....just got a CRAZY thought!

The Yankees are opening a new stadium, and missed the playoffs for the first time in um-teen years....they just spent a bundle on pitching, essentially going all out and bidding against themselves for one of them, showing no restraint and no fiscal responsibility.

So, is it really beyond them to go after BOTH Tex and Manny? Getting both players would pretty much put them in the playoffs and give them a WS ring. Boras represents both of them, so whos to say he isnt trying to ship them both there!

Its a crazy thought, but honestly, I dont put ANYTHING past the Yankees.

If they do, I will seriously trade in my orange and black for an intertwined N and Y. :o

LOLOL.....just got a CRAZY thought!

The Yankees are opening a new stadium, and missed the playoffs for the first time in um-teen years....they just spent a bundle on pitching, essentially going all out and bidding against themselves for one of them, showing no restraint and no fiscal responsibility.

So, is it really beyond them to go after BOTH Tex and Manny? Getting both players would pretty much put them in the playoffs and give them a WS ring. Boras represents both of them, so whos to say he isnt trying to ship them both there!

Its a crazy thought, but honestly, I dont put ANYTHING past the Yankees.

At least that would encourage change in the MLB FA process and may or may not institute a salary cap. That would sure make their payroll pretty big though...

If the Yanks signed CC, A.J., Tex and Manny, this sport would be dead to me.

I'd never watch another baseball game.

The baseball game I played as a kid, listened to on the my handheld battery powered AM/FM radio, the one I watched at Memorial Stadium glove in hand...well, its been dead for a while now. :(

This new entertainment business called baseball, yes, it's been ruined by a very powerful player's union, rich owners, greedy agents....

If the Yank sign all of them, Chaos, I dare say you won't be too lonely not watching another game, if you know what I mean.

No I mean there is not many times when a position is "vacant" with the Yankees.

Except this year when they needed SP. And when they needed a 3B and got Arod. And when they needed a CF and got Damon. And when they needed a 1B/DH and got Giambi. Despite what Buster Olney reports, the Yanks are not all immortal...and sometimes they need to replace people.

Except this year when they needed SP. And when they needed a 3B and got Arod. And when they needed a CF and got Damon. And when they needed a 1B/DH and got Giambi. Despite what Buster Olney reports, the Yanks are not all immortal...and sometimes they need to replace people.

No doubt this has been said before by someone, but don't ya just love the irony with their (NYY) GM's last name. Brian $$$$man.

Archived